• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

JIFFY 3HP STEALTH

behmer

Question

CONFUSED....GOT NEW JIFFY STEALTH 3HP 8" LAST YEAR AND USED IT ABOUT 4 DAYS....PROBLEM IS NO TORQUE, IT SOUNDS GOOD AND BLADE SPINS SMOOTHLY, BUT AS SOON AS I START CUTTING THRU ICE IT SEEMS TO BOG DOWN, AND STICK. SEEMS TO HAVE NO POWER TO CUT THRU ICE. BLADES ARE GOOD AND SHARP. I ALSO HAVE AN ESKIMO 2 HP 10" AND I CAN CUT HOLES IN HALF THE TIME OF THAT 3HP. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS

------------------
FISH OR GO HOME

13 answers to this question

Either..it..is..cold..or..the..neidle..and..seat..is..sticky..or..partially..plugged..up.

If..warming..it..up..first..does..not..help..then..try..tweeking..the..idle..mix..screw..open..a..1/8..turn.

Do..this..adjustment..when..it..is..warm..also.

Be..sure..the..choke..if..fully..off..too.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

What you discribe is a classic carb problem. Did you leave fuel in it at the end of last season. If so you have gum in the carb other wise try what eddy mentioned. Another sometimes easy fix is to run some sea foam through it. That isn't a bad thing to just do periodically anyhow.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

ever since I got it last year from the very first day on,,,,it really never did work that well, it idled great but no torque, I don't think there is a break-in period, but as for now it sits in my garage and I use my eskimo

------------------
FISH OR GO HOME

I.agree..it's.classic.carb.problems.
Dump.all.the.old.suspect.fuel.out.

Mix.new.oil/fuel.with.a.good.dose.of.Sea-Foam.includes..about.1oz.per.tank.

You.can.lean,the.oil.a.bit.with.a.Sea-Foam.mix.too..smokes.less.

A..soak.&.flush.first.with.straight.Sea.Foam.would.be.wise.

If.it.is.warmed.up.&.Choke.off..and.if.it.STILL.does.not.go.WAAAAAAAAAAA..while.under.load.
something.is.plugged.up.or.set.too.lean.

The.Jiffy.Stealth.system.bites.ice.hard..if.your.too.lean.it.will.dog.down.fast.

Another.thing.is.it.should.almost.go.down.under.it's.own.weight.(Especially.new.charp.blades).try.not.to.force.it...just.guide.it.down.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

FYI, I just purchased a 3hp 10" stealth a week or so ago, I was very impressed when I put gas in and in 2 pulls its running and with a bit of warming it had no problems, after hearing about the emission settings stc,.. they musta fixed that prob..?

Backwater Eddy:
L'ingMAO. Everytime I read your posts, I just imagine having to do what you do. I see you are trying to throw some variety into it though. That keyboard problem has got to suck. Thanks for the laughs! grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ya Hey Der (edited 12-15-2003).]

Ya..it.will.tests.da.nerves..Eh.

I.really.hope.to.have.the.new.keyboard.here.soon!

I'm.a."Plug'r"..what.can.I.say?

But.I.will.admit..it.bites.typing.this.way! frown.gif

I bought one last year too with the same problems. It's like it doesn't get enough gas. My brother-in-law also has one the same way. I drill with mine on half choke and it works fine. I think I neeed to adjust the carb to put more fuel into the mix but haven't done it yet.

UPDATE.....

LAST NIGHT WENT TO STORE GOT SOME SEA FOAM ADDED INTO GAS CAN AND PUT SOME INTO THE TANK...RAN THE AUGER FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS "REALLY MADE THE NEIGHBORS HAPPY" smile.gif..

SEEMED TO RUN FINE ..I WILL JUST NEED TO SEE ONCE I PUT IT DOWN ON ICE AND TRY TO DRILL WITH SOME RESISTANCE......

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP

------------------
FISH OR GO HOME