• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-vu SV. Im having issues?

river-rat4

Question

I have an Aqua-Vu SV and it seems to have a clear picture, but after a while it starts to get kind of foggy or cloudy? Has anyone run into this? I guess I would have to say it seems to happen more often when it is used ice fishing. Could it be from the cold?

If anyone has any input that would be great.

Thanks in advance- RR4

6 answers to this question

Is your battery working properly?

I have noticed if the battery juice is low the picture gets progressively less clear. It will get a foggy look starting from the outside and works it's way inward.

Does that sound like anything your seeing?

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

ST & BE-
Thanks for the input!

It does seem to take a short while but you're right, starts at the edges and closes in from there. That is the battery, huh?
I just got it in exchange for some plumbing work,the guy won it in a contest (brand new)shortly b4 & didn't even get to use it, I charged it previous to use.

I'm dissapointed, so far, especially for only using it once or twice in the cold.

I had the same thing happen with mine. Bought a new battery and it works fine again. I was told to charge the battery based on use(one hour charge foe every hour used) and to not let them sit out over-night and freeze.

The camera systems eat juice. You need to keep the battery well maintained, it's a must!

A tip is keep the battery warm, it will last longer. I doubled the between charge life on the ice with one simple trick. Wrap the battery with a thin Styrofoam wrap and slip in a Chem-Pack Hand Warmer next to or under the battery.

wink.gif

If you plan a lot of viewing over a Long weekend. Keeping an extra charged battery on hand is a big plus.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 12-05-2003).]