• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How good is my Honda????

IslandMan24

Went riding this past weekend..... 3 Honda's (2 Rincons and a 400EX), a Polaris 700 and a 660 Grizzly. My kids 400EX suffered a punctured Super Swamper (easy trail fix). My Brothers Griz suffered a belly skid partial removal operation. My friends Polaris took the biggest hit with a broken right side floorboard and the rear rack plastic came unglued/it broke. Also, caught on video, was the Polaris shame walk......My Rincon and my bro's Griz tackled an obstacle while the Polaris needed assistance removing itself from said obstacle (the crowds cheered, standing ovations and plenty of ribbing to the Polaris owner LOL). We made it through the ride pretty well, my kid did wind up doing some kind of superman manuever after he took a jump and decided to part ways with his machine after landing but he seems to be recovering well as he went back over the jump less than 5 minutes later. Saw plenty of wild life, some other wheelers and lots of smiles. Weather was perfect, just had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

P.S. No tow ropes were used in the making of this story.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac also had to help a Polaris 700 get unstuck a few times on that trip (rider issues IMO...lol). My 500 HO made the trip without problems except I did bring along a starter problem...thank goodness for the recoil back up.

I think most all wheelers are pretty decent. I bought mine mostly because of the nice ride. Also, the dealer was and is great to work with. I've put some awful hard miles on it, but have replaced some parts too.

With all the upgrades to the new models it's always good to read up on, and shop around before laying out $8k on a machine. I wouldn't want an all time 4wd machine though.

Old Yeller also reminds me of that Brew-Laced fuel additive I put in your Rincon (that's what took so long on the test run)...I'm more surprised you didn't notice, dang Hondas will run on anything...lol

there is a reason why polaris does not make cars,trucks,outboards,dirtbikes,touring bikes,lawnmowers,tillers,snowblowers,generators,waterpumps,pwc's,scooters,becouse they are still trying to figure out the atv.

That's pretty cold tfreezin smirk.gif

But I think that is Honda's biggest problem. They are to diversified and their quality is dropping.

Problems or not I'll buy American thank you.

Though I haven't experienced any major problems in the American made products I've bought in many years I know they exist. My last GMC was at 200,000 when I sold it and it wasn't all rusted out like some of the stuff on the road. My sisters Honda was so rusty the Honda symbol fell off and it died at 250,000.

Most of those Honda's are a lot more American than you might think. Of the 6 Honda vehicles (from 1993-2003) in my garage 5 were manufactured in th U.S. My wifes 03 Honda Shadow 750 is the only one that came on the boat. Our 03 Accord came out of Marysville Ohio as did my 2000 1100cc Shadow. I forget where in the US the others were mfg'ed but you get the point. Lots of that Honda money staying right here in USA.

They were assembled here but a large majority or the parts still made the boat ride. They can manufacturer a vehicle for about $8000. Where's the rest of the money going? According to the last survey I seen 7 out of every 10 manufacturing jobs were related to the motor vehicle industry. This includes cars, trucks, motorcycles, atvs, boats ...

The more foreign you buy the less jobs available to the American people. Jobs are being sent out of this country at an alarming rate. Why do you think so many people are out of work? It sure isn't because a select group blew up a couple buildings.

Don't kid yourself. If you won't invest in America who will?

No sense kidding yourself about any of the domestics either. WE live in a different world now. The world capitalist economy is more and more integrated and more and more international--every country is more and more interdependent.

Take auto imports from Japan--the protectionists’ favorite target. General Motors owns 34.2 percent of Isuzu, the Japanese auto manufacturer, and 5.2 percent of Suzuki. Ford owns 25 percent of Toyo Kogya, the makers of Mazda, and Chrysler owns 15 percent of Mitsubishi.

Even cars actually assembled in the U.S. are not in any real sense American products. They are assembled here, but the parts are imported from Big Three plants located abroad. There are an estimated 604 American-owned auto plants in Mexico, which supply engines, transaxles, ball joints, transmissions and I believe steering columns.

All of the auto companies are international. They produce cars wherever profits are highest--not on any consideration of the nationality of the workforce. In the all-too-honest words of one Ford vice-president, "We don’t consider ourselves basically an American company. We carry a lot of flags."

Don't get me wrong, I drive all GM and most likely always will. I have worked in the automotive industry all of my working life. Don't ever believe that just because it says GM, Ford or Chrysler that it it is all American made. So many of the individual parts are imported, and many times assembled out of the country you would be amazed.

It is still a good idea to "buy american" whenever possible, but to do so thinking what you are buying is "all American" is usually not the case. crazy.gif

no to keep everybody going on, this is from Honda

Operations Overview

We opened our first U.S. plant in 1979 and have evolved into a company that directly employs more than 25,000 Americans. More than 100,000 workers are employed at authorized Honda automobile, motorcycle and power-equipment dealerships in the United States. Tens of thousands of additional Americans are employed by more than nearly 600 U.S. suppliers from which Honda purchases parts and materials. Honda is proud to provide jobs that help better the American economy and will continue to work hard to do so.

and GM

General Motors Asia Pacific has assembly facilities and sales operations in 15 countries in the Asia Pacific region. As of January 2005, GM employs more than 20,000 people across the region. Manufacturing and assembly operations are in Australia, China, Indonesia, India, Korea and Thailand.

GM North America (GMNA) is a significant contributor to the North American economy, through our employees, suppliers and our presence in communities across Canada, Mexico and the United States. We employ 181,000 people in North America and build most of our automotive brands here. Our focus is on making great products and generating growth.

This Is Fun!!!!

Quote:

what about the new Suzuki King Quads?? any dirt on them

Only if you ride it! smirk.gif

Just like Honda to take credit for people being employed at dealerships selling their product. Like those dealerships wouldn't be there with out them.

Sounds just like Walmart and Target saying they give X number of dollars to the community when really its people using their high interest credit cards.

I agree, ride em if you got em. Nobody is really better and I won't look down on ya for burnin rice. (Except maybe at Sturgis cool.gif)

Look at the first number of the VIN#. A '1' indicates 'made in

the America' of more than 75% American parts. '2' made in Canada

of more than 75% American parts. '3' made in Mexico of more than

75% American parts. '4' made in America of more than 45% but less

than 75% American parts. '5' made in America of less than 45%

American parts. Most of the so call American made foreign cars

are 4 and 5 with over a third being made in Japan with a 'J' as

the first digit.

5 of my Honda vehicles have 1's for the first digit, the other is a J. My '00 VT1100 Shadow is more American than some Harleys, look down if you must wink.gif

I own a 2005 Suzuki Kingquad.They are a very nice 4 wheeler,a little more on the sport side than the utility though,in my opinion.Don't get me wrong,it will work hard but it has very small racks,which don't help in the work dept.It has gotten rave reviews in all the magazines for the past few months,but you can't go by magazine reviews alone.It is not the best in all categories,but pretty darn close.It does everything very well!