• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jigging machine ?

lucky7

Question

I'm in Colorado and saw some guys with an automatic jigging machine made from a windshiled wiper motor. They used it to put a bunch of flashers on to draw in the Kokanee Salmon. I have heard it may be patented but I don't know. I'm wondering if you MN ice vets have ever seen or heard of such an animal? I would like to get one or build one....need you advice

------------------
lucky7

------------------
lucky7

5 answers to this question

Well, it's not made from a windshield washer motor but this is a very nifty automated jigger.

The Finicky's Fish factory is an automated all weather jigging heated tip-up box.
fish-factory_small.jpg
Finicky's also have a wall mount unit the Motivator, it can be mounted anywhere like on a pail or in the shack.
motivator1.jpg

Finicky's Fish factory
http://fishingminnesota.com/fish-factory.html

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-27-2003).]

Sure the Motorvator is strong enough to handle a pretty good load. I had a #2 Goldeye jigging for bait on one.

Have you ever tried Mack's Spinner blades? They are great as flashers under the ice. They make a flasher string just for salmon and trout. I often use them on pike with wind tip-ups. They will spin with as little as 1/2 MPR of resistance. Flutter down, and spin up, or visa-versa depending on how you rig them. It works great as a schooling attractor!

~~~~~~~~~

Tightlines...sorry but I do not have an address for a web site for Finicky's.

The Motorvator Automatic Jigging System for inside your permanent fish house is also available here through FM's IceLeaders gear section.
http://fishingminnesota.com/fish-factory.html

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-27-2003).]