• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Rink Help

blgoose

Question

Looking for some help with a back yard ice rink for the kids. I want to only apply well water with no boards.The plan size is about 50x35 on flat ground.My neigbor has tried for 3 years with out success.Last year he layed plastic down and that didnt work.This being my first year, I need some pointers on flooding and should the water be hot or cold,should I shovel the snow and flood.or flood over the Snow.Will I have any dead grass come spring...and help or thoughts would be greatful. Thanks from me and the kids Goose

hooksetter, I got it all figured out. I used a quick connection thing I had in the garage. If fits on the hose like the fitting on a air hose or like a propane connection. It's plastic and it fit on the pvc perfect, no leaks. It also has a shut off so I don't have to have the water running til I get back to the house. Not bad for me, not much of a mechanic. Bring on 5 degrees I'm making ice. Happy Thanksgiving.

I have my snow cleared and rink rake built.Thinking i m going to start flooding after xmas.Not sure with the rink rake if u drag it across the grass or just let it set? for the first flooding..goose and kids

We're skating,been flooding a bit. We are on a pond. The day before it got really cold last week, I plowed the pond with the atv plow. There was a lot of slush and water. The end where I pushed the snow had water washed over the surface and it turned into glass! The tire tracks in the slush were a little ruff but after three times flooding it's pretty good now. I'm going to hold off flooding too much til after Christmas.