• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tightlines Road King Trailer & finished shack photo's.

tightlines

Question

Completed the shack last night. Just have the small things to finish-up now like rattle-reels and things like that. I know a few of you wanted to see photo's of the finished shack, so Paul said he would post them for me. Thanks Paul. I think it turned out great and I am very happy with the Roadking frame. It pulls very nice. Any questions feel free to ask. Anyone thinking of building a shack, go for it.. It is a lot of fun and a good learning experience.. Tightlines..
Specs:
6.5 x 14 Roadking frame
14" tires
Drop tung
two 30lb propane with auto regulator
inch and three quarter insulated floor Marine treated ply
2x2 wall framing
1 1/2" foam insulation
Silverline (Rusco) vinyl thermopane windows
Phillips mobile home door
Luan wood backed paneling(ceiling and walls)
RV dining set/bed--upper fold down bunk
RV 12 volt ceiling lights
RV Floor lighting for fish holes
RV exterior porch light
Empire Direct Vent 15000 btu
Strong panel steel roof
Aluminum siding
Diamond panel rock gaurd
Winegard hideaway TV anttena
Oak cabinets and vanity
Light weight marine boat carpet
Wedgewood 2 burner stove top
Toshiba 13" TV/DVD
JVC AM/FM CD player
Jensen indoor/outdoor speakers
400/800 watt inverter
Dual 12 volt deep-cycle batteries
Stay-n-charge truck hookup.
6 hole with Catchcovers and sleeves
4 rattle reels
Marcum LX3
Marcum OVS 500 camera
Strikemaster 8" lazer mag
105_0570.jpg
105_0571.jpg
105_0572.jpg
105_0573.jpg
105_0574.jpg
105_0575.jpg

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 11-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tightlines (edited 11-18-2003).]

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Nice ice house! Looks nice and comfortable inside for sure.
What size is that beast?! Me and my dad are in the process of building a 10X16.

------------------
Fish ON!

Tightlines,

NICE! shack. Gotta get me one of those one of these days smile.gif

Dennis and I tried talking Rick out of one of those Road King shelters the other night, but he said no frown.gif

Just giving you a hard time Rick smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 11-17-2003).]

Tightlines, you've got a heck of a fish house there. I'll be in Fargo this Thursday, I may give you that call and come take a peek. One problem, my email program went to ***t so I lost all my info in it along with your number. Would you mind emailing it to me again. [email protected].

Thanks,
Fisherdog

WOW Tight! Excellent job! A few questions What is the final weight? final cost? Where did you find the parts like doors windows?
I noticed the vinyl siding what are the corners they dont look like the typical big vinyl corners.
Roof material? wood frame? I was in one that a guy built last year not nearly as nice as this, he had a homemade operating exhaust fan over the stove he used I believe a blower from a small car for the fan he says it works great for the fish fry
Congrats on your new home and don't forget the champaigne and the ribbon cutting.

------------------
This is 100% what its all about...

I am in the remodeling and window business so I got a good deal on the windows,aluminum siding,cabinets and strong panel steel roof. It is all wood construction on top of a Roadking frame. I had it out to the weigh station and it came in at 2100 lbs. I have a little over $5000.00 invested. Probably over 150 hours including the drive time looking for that one needed hard to find screw or whatever.LOL I pick up the dinnette at a RV store for 225.00 Got the carpet at a boat dealer for 20.00 bucks. He was about to throw it out and it was a 300.00 dollar peice that they had taken a small corner off to do a repair on a boat. I did get lucky on a few found items.Got a lot of ideas from you folks. Thanks for all the tips...
BTW-- the corners are steel siding j-channel. Didn't think that the aluminum J would hold up as well as the steel.

Tightlines-
Yes! Now that's what we like to talk about around here. I like it. I like it. I like it a lot.

Now for some tough questions. After all the work you put into the house I know you have a new found respect for the so-called "pro's", but if you were to sell your house what is it worth to you? Also,now that you are about to throw your wallet out on the ice have you thought of any ways to try and safeguard it?
Those are a couple of the questions I had to answer when the thought of leaving the shack out on the lake for any extended period of time came up. I found out that we don't own our materials,...materials own us. I'm not trying to be a downer, just thought that we could start another dialog. TROY

[This message has been edited by Aqua Eye (edited 11-19-2003).]

Tightlines

One word: SWEET!!!!

Can I be your new, bestest ever fishing buddy? You know - ahead of all your other new, bestest ever fishing buddies? Huh - huh? Please, pretty please? smile.gif

Hope you have many hours of great use.

Oh yeah - if we get a warm spell like last December, make sure its safe.

UG

PS: Note to self: Got to get me one of those...