• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electronics choice?

jammer01

I highly recommend you choose a unit made by Lowrance. I have used Lowrance units for years and have been very pleased. They lead the pack with their cutting edge technology. With a budget in the neighborhood of $500 I recommend either the LMS 480m or the new LMS 332c. Both units offer Sonar as well as GPS capability. The 480 has a b/w screen and the 332 has the new color screen. I run a unit with the color screen and cannot say enough good things about it. It is phenomenal. If you are in the market for a sonar only unit you couldn't go wrong in selecting the Lowrance X 102. It is a fabulous color sonar unit, one of the best mid-range units on the market. Good Luck with the new boat it sounds like a winner.

Jason Erlandson

Sportland is right on!! I have the Lowrance LMS320 on the front of my boat and just got my LMS 332c from Capra's that Crystal Pierz Hastings mounted on my '05 1850 Crestliner sportfish w/150 HP four stroke Yamaha...

All I can say is that Lowrance is the way to go. I'm ready for open water!!

If you are looking for some good information on electronics and wondering which fit would be best for you, Reel Fishing and Tackle out of Madison Lake and Mapleton Marine out of Mapleton are hosting a seminar on Lowrance products. There will be a factory rep from Lowrance who will be there to answer any questions pertaining to their products plus putting on demonstrations on how to get the most out of your electronics. This seminar is taking place at Madison East Mall in Mankato on Saturday Feb. 26, 2005. Watch for the ad in the Home Magazine and on several local radio stations.

Jammer congrats on the new boat. I'm a Lowrance guy but as important is to make sure you have it installed by a pro, especially if the installation isn't in your area or expertise. Nothing more frustrating than a new toy that doesn't work like it should. Get it done right. I bet you can't wait for April...me too.

cabelas mag is showing off the new lowerance but interesting that lowerances' web site doesnt show them yet,as i am lookin at the color unit lcx25c with appears to replace the lcx17 from last year.im hopeing with the differant background choices that the unit is easier to see

jammer,

I just purchased a new X102 for my boat. I didn't care about the GPS capability as I carry a handheld with me. The 102 is the new 2005 version of last years' 100 and has essentially all of the features of the 332 except GPS. I put a speed sensor with mine and paid $539, but was $499 without the speed. When fishing with the family or buddies I run my boat from the back platform and wanted the new color screen so it'd be easier to see in bright sunlight. Good luck!

NWBuck

I did not buy a new boat this year, that is what dreams are for:), but I am in the market as well for a new finder. I don't know if I'm willing to spend $500- but looking for a good finder with speed and temp.

Speaking of speed and temp, are these standard on the high end finders or still additional accessories at add. costs??