• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Puck Transducer Question

BassPatrol

Question

I just recently purchased a Zercom RTS and it comes standard with a puck transducer. Can the puck transducer be used for ice fishing or do I have to buy the iceducer from Humminbird for $90.00? If I have the iceducer is a necessity, do any of you have any leads on a better price? Thanks in advance.

-BassPatrol

5 answers to this question

I used a Zercom Clearwater Pro for 2 yrs before I bought my FL-8. It worked great for ice fishing. All I did was get a Genz Blue box and tape my transducer to the adjustable arm on the box, then glued the bubble level on top. Any time the bubble was out of adjustment I moved the arm to get it centered again. Worked great, and the target seperation was excellent! Only problem was the puck on that model was a little large and I always had to move it when even bringing a small sunnie through the hole. What I did to remedy this is drill another hole close to the one I was fishing through and put the locator in that one. I could still see my jig fine and didn't always have to readjust. Some food for thought. Good luck with your new locator it should work fine with the standard puck.
Lucky