• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Pro-V Electronics ?

Question

I've got a 2003 1800 Pro-V tiller. What is the best way to run the transducer cables up to the electronics center? I'm sure their are also "hot" wires to connect the power chords to as well, but having trouble locating them. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Run the cable up the back of the transom, securing it every few inches with a screw in cable strap, ( make sure to put a dab of silicon in each screw hole before you screw it on ), and then run the cable through the drain hole in the splash pan. From there, run it through the grommet that the gas and electronic connections go through. There should be a bundle of wiring that runs up underneath the gunwhale to the front of the boat. Run it along with these and secure them all together with zip-ties. The simplest way to connect power, is to run it directly to the battery. Route the wiring right up along with the others. I wouldn't suggest tapping into another circut for the power, as this may overload that circut and result in blown fuses. Some boats have additional accessory circuts wired into the fuse panel just for this purpose. If your's has one of them, that will work fine. I'm not sure off the top of my head if your's has this option and we don't have any 1800's in the shop right now otherwise I would check it for you. It should be marked "accessory".

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

Thanks guys. I thought there might be orange acc. wires as my last boat had them. I'm assuming they are on the port side and can be accessed through the access hole on the side of the boat. It's got me a little confused because the fuse panel is on the opposite side of the boat from the electronics center. Let me know if I'm headed in the right direction.