• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum underwater cameras

Dave

Question

18 answers to this question

OK the 560 has bright blue led's to cut particulate reflections, it has a motor mounted in the camera head for turning the camera(instead of a motor turning the cable), can be set to auto pan or manually turn 360 degrees, has a temp gauge in camera giving the temp at the depth the camera is at, also tells the depth of the camera head.

That does sound sweet.. Looks like it might be time to trade in the aqua-vu... Rotating the camera around and knowing which way your pointing is a big issue with some of the current underwater cameras on the market. Having the rotation in the camera itself rather than the cable sounds much better. This sounds like a winner, I'm anxious to see how that works.

Being an ATV guy, I think even I could handle running one of these 560's. I would probably find fish easier. Is the battery contained just like the VS500? It looks like a pretty compact unit if it's the same package style as the VS500.

Now that sounds like a sweet camera! smile.gif
I can't wait to get my hands on one.All those feature are really going to help you pin down your best presentations.Heck the the temp and depth display is invaluable alone.I like the direction or compass readout also.Now when you see fish to one side of the view, you know which way to move to get on top of them.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

I bought a Vista-Cam when they were a relatively new product. Niether the camera nor the tv works anymore. Even when it did, it really didn't. The water had to be crystal clear to see anything, and the viewing range was really sad. $500 down the drain IMO. I love the concept of underwater viewing but am afraid I'd be makeing the same mistake twice. Has the products improved? I'm looking at the Mar Cum OVS. Those that use them please answer a few questions. Are the cumbersome and messy, with cords all over the place? Does the water have to be perfectly clear? Do you see a lot of bubbles?(My V-cam did) How far do you set up from an ice hole? Do you pull it up with bigger fish? The clips I've seen useing them seem really nice, can I expect to see that "most" of the time? Like I said, I'm seriously looking ...again. I just hate makeing the same mistakes.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

LOL
I am just trying to get all that annoying ice out of the way so I can do a little fishing! smile.gif
But seriously, a lot of holes and a camera is a great thing.With a good sonar that has a lot of power like the LX3,you find the transition zone.Then punch a ton of holes.You can "troll" those holes or use your camera to find something different on the bottom that the fish might hold on That camera is going to make that job easier with its compass reading.
I can't wait to play with one.

Do any of you guys set up your camera to look down like Dave Genz? I might try it this year. I checked the Marcum site and it looks like you can't buy a downview fin yet, you must have to MacGuver it.

BBP,

That can easily done with the OVS as well. All you need is a tie strap. You can position the camera pointing down and then use the tie strap to attach the camera to the cable. Holds real well and can be un-done if you prefer the old angle. I rigged up an OVS last winter in this fashion for a buddy of mine. Worked great!

Look out for the new OVS 560, going to be one nice camera!

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle

I like rigging mine so it aims down at a 45 degree angle. You can view more of the bottom that way as well as keeping the cam up high and out of the fish zone.

By the way.....any bets on how many Aqua-Vu's will be eaten by Pike and Skis this winter because of that crappie silouette?...lol

Our guide service switched our camera manufacturer to the OSV camera. Underwater cameras are separated by one thing. The lens. OVS offers the best lens on the market. Our clients tell us they can see better and they have much more fun.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Here is some more info. on the VS-560. Looks great, can't wait to try it out...

Top-mounted, bright blue LED's cut particulate reflections.
Camera direction can be controlled from the monitor keypad or with a infrared remote control.

Direction indicator on 5.5" high resolution monitor.

Directional motor is underwater in the camera housing,

Camera will pan back and forth automatically, or rotate manually for a 360 degree view.

Battery charge indicator.

Includes 12-volt 7-amp battery plug-in charging system with indicator light.

On-screen display reads water temp at camera depth.

On-screen display shows depth of camera.

60' of Kevlar reinforced cable.

Expected Availability December 2003.

fa952058.jpg