• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hotel Del Coronado golf course?

mudman

I am going to San Diego for work March 4-9 Staying in this wonderful place. I have a couple clients that love to golf as much as I do and was wondering what are some of the nicest courses with in an hours time?

I know there are like 50 or so courses in the area I was just wondering which are the nicest. Price is not an option as this will be picked up by work! grin.gif

www.hoteldel.com

I would have to think Torrey Pines (where last weeks PGA tour event was)would be at the top of the list. Although I have heard stories about trying to get on there is tough. I don't think they take tee times and you just have to go and wait. Maybe it's not so tough during the week. Good Luck and let us know how it went.

Here's where I would take my customers if you really want to impress them.... 4 Seasons Resort - Aviara in Carlsbad, CA, which is about 45 minutes north of San Diego. The only course I have played on in my life that I wish I had a camera instead of golf clubs. They have a web site and click on the golf course and look at the pictures (also the price - about $200). Well worth it though just don't tell your wife if you are using your own money....

Yeah great shape confused.gif

great shape for me to bust 100 blush.gif

I played some nice courses around here, Hazletine, Olymipic Hill, Southview best one I have played to date was whistling straights in Sheboygan in 2002 before the open.

posted a 98 there! I was impressed with my game there. I could have been in the 80's if I had someone marking my tee shots like they have on tour. Thats a joke they should have to find it on their own in that grass!!!! mad.gif

I usually can post in the high 80's on these courses (MN ones) but we will see? cool.gif

Hey mudman

Played torrey a few years back (north course) just after the PGA was done. A little advise........ watch everyone's ball on the miss hits. The rough will be so long that an unmarked ball will disappear in that 6 inch hay! Also the break on the greens is unreal. Hard to read compared to the courses we have around here. And it always breaks toward the ocean.

When we went, the club house sent a employee/caddie with for the first 3 holes to help read greens and give tips, it was very useful.

Pegleg....have to agree about Aviara. One of the best courses (senic and Immaculate) I've ever played. Almost was inclined to take of the shoes, the fairways were in better shape than my carpet!

Anyway good luck and keep it in the short grass.

Aviara is number one, Maderas, Steel Canyon, and La Costa in that order. Believeme I've been playing San Diego golf course in competition for 20 years, I live here...

well the weather was great, they have have some 20+ inches of rain in feb which made the course a lot easier!

golfed torrey north, east lake, the pulblic coronado course and rancho (I think?) was about 45 min northeast carved out of a mountain side, no way any one would want to walk that course!!!

great time from what I remember! grin.gif