• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suggestions for Tucson

duckbuster

I'm heading to Tucson in a month or so and would like to get suggestions on some courses.

I have a couple so far if anybody has a grade on the few I've been told to play.

1) Omni Tucson National

2) The Gallery Golf Club

3) Ventana Canyon

4) Vistoso

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!

Duckbuster,

Hope you haven't left yet, I played a couple of rounds in Tucson last summer. I played/stayed at Ventana Canyon it was beautiful. They have two courses, one for members and one public, lots of fun. It was all for work so it being free was even better!!!

We also played La Paloma (I think its a GoldenBear design) they had three 9's one of the 9's we played was pretty burnt up, but then again it was late june and pretty hot. Paloma was more open then Ventana. Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either place.

I brought my own clubs but my boss rented, I think they both renter callaways. Have a blast and bring the camera especially if you play Ventana.

Tweeder, THANKS for the reply!! We haven't left yet another couple of weeks and we will be there. I have times set for Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I was hoping to play Monday as well but the misses said 4 days was enough.

We are staying at the Marriott Starrpass resort. Plan on playing there the day we get in. Set up at Ventana Canyon at 9:00 Friday and then the Gallery golf club Saturday & Sunday.

What is driving like down there? I guess what I mean is, are the courses easy to find?

THANKS AGAIN!!!

the past 3 years I have traveled to AZ to visit a friend and golf.. He lived in Avondale on the other side of Phoenix but I can tell you that if you have never been to AZ you will be amazed at almost any golf course you attend. I have dreams of how the fairways bounce and run.. I have only golfed one coursse that could compare with Az in MN and that is the Refuge in Oak Grove, MN. If you ever get the chance try it, you won't be dissapointed. Have a fun trip!!

Cant go wrong with Ventana Canyon. Play the mountain course for sure. They have the famous Par 3 where you shoot over a canyon onto a green that was built out of the mountainside. real nice place.