• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pedastal seat hole diameter

Question

I am going fishing next week with a buddy and I need to make up a quick removable planer board mast for his dad's 1660 prov tiller.

I was hoping to place it in the front pedastal seat hole and need to know the diamter and depth of the pedastal seat mounting hole on a Lund.

If anyone can run out to their Lund and measure this, it would be great.

Thanks,
Craig
[email protected]

5 answers to this question

Well, Craig, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we don't have (in Minnesota of all places) any Lunds currently in our shop or our storage shed. Anybody need pedestal seat hole measurements for an Alumacraft, Larson, etc? grin.gif So if anybody out there does have a Lund and can post the measurements, that would still be the best way to go. But I do have some measurements for you. If your buddy or his dad can tell you the style of the seats then here are the dimentions.

1. The most commonly used base is the Taperlock. It has a tapered, black plastic end on the pedestal, with a little black tab for quick release. The bottom of the hole is 2-3/8 diameter, the top of the hole is 2-5/8, and the depth is 2-1/4".

2. There is also a straight tube design without the black tab. This is 2-3/8 wide by 3-1/4" deep.

3. There is also a base with a raised tube cast into it so that there is no recess into the floor. The inside diameter of the tube is 2-1/2" and the tube extends 6 inches up from the floor.

Sorry I didn't have a more definite answer but I hope this helps.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com