• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Indoor Golf/Practice

HawgTide

Well, since it's that time of year, where is your favorite place to hit 'em during the winter (and why)?

I went to the Bubble near Fleet Farms in Brooklyn Park yesterday. It's nice and warm, with good mats, but it's only about 60 yards long. Still better than nothing.

There's a dome by Aldrich area that I go to and there's a bubble near Fleet Farm in Oakdale that's a 9 hole pitch and putt. The pitch and putt is a nice change, havn't been there yet this year though.

Quote:

Yep, I've been there before. It's great, unless it is super windy. Have any of you tried those simulators? I haven't done that yet.

Used to work at Golf Galaxy, so i was able to use the sims for free, as well as help customers purchase clubs in them. The sims are cool, but not totally accurate. The main part about them is to just get out and swing. The ball speed, and corresponding club speed is very accurate, but it has a hard time picking up spin. They will tell you that it is extremely accurate, but after being in them for hours upon hours at a time, i have noticed that the spin is not that accurate.

I'm up in St Cloud and we have the StarDome which has 2 levels to hit off of, but the length of the dome is only 35 yards. Pretty much everything goes straight in there. We did get a simulator place in town last year but I have not had a chance to try it out yet. Just got back from Arizona 2 weeks ago and I have the itch VERY bad. It was a lot of fun hitting balls down in the desert.

When did you work at Golf Galaxy, I worked at the plymouth one about 2 years ago.

Both the "outdoor" ranges (Rogers and Shakopee) are nice but sor some reason I like the bremar dome in edina. Its got more targets and better balls than the dome by Fleet farm in Brooklyn park.

The biggest thing to me is go during the week. Most of the domes charge by the bucket rather than by 1/2 hour like they do on the weekends. I like to take my time and not feel like a machine!