• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What mono's flouresce under black light?

Bear_arm

Question

I picked up a little black light that will run on 12v dc. The problem is, none of the lines I have on my poles flouresce under the light. Was I misguided, or are there types that do? I think I got the idea from a fishing show where they were nighttime catting. Their lines looked like they were on fire! The day-glo-orange on my slip bobbers did light up nicely, so I know that the light is working. Thanks for any input.

4 answers to this question

INTERESTING! MAY I ASK WHERE YOU PICKED UP THE BLACK LIGHT, COST, ETC. AFTER READING YOUR POST I WENT INTO THE GRANDSONS ROOM AND CHECKED SOME LINE I HAD. (OLD STUFF) THE SIGMA-SHAKESPEARE CLEAR BLUE FLUORESCENT AND THE TRILENE ADVANCED PHOTOCHROMATIC PICKED UP THE UV. GEEZ.....I WONDER HOW MUCH OF THAT THE FISH CAN SEE? ANYONE? I'D RUN A GOOD TEN FOOT LEADER WHEN USING THIS LINE. COURSE, I HAVE ONLY USED THIS STUFF(BOUGHT OLD SERVICE SPOOLS)FOR SHOOTING A LINE OVER A HIGH-UP TREE BRANCH TO PULL A ROPE UP FOR DEER HUNTING,ETC. "NEON LIGHTS"

TALKOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've seen larger, dual tube lights at Galyan's for about $40.00, but the other day I was at "the Party Store" in Bloomington looking for halloween ideas and they had little ones there with a cigarette lighter plug for about $10.00. I always wanted to try it and I figured the price was right...

Bear, can't give you the specific's but yes there is a line made that glows under a black light. My buddy lost one eye last fall and he can barely see out of the good one. He ordered the line that "glows" under the black light, he got a small black light flashlight and head light. Man that stuff is awesome!! I think he was using 6lb stuff and at night he hits the light and it looks like the diameter of about 30 lb test. From what I could tell it made no difference to the fish, he actually out fished me but that's not saying much! LOL. It's a great combination for him to see his line in low light or dark times. Hope this helps. I'll ask about the specific's when I see him next but I'll be away from the comp. until Mon. or so. Good Luck.

Several companies produce Fluorescent Mono line. Fluorescent Clear Blue is the most common formula and Trilene and Stren lead the way in those.

Trilene XL® Fluorescent Clear Blue 2-30 pound test.
XL3030%2D15-3H.gif

Trilene Big Game® Fluorescent Clear Blue 12,15,20,25,& 30 pound test.

SIGMA, ANDIE'S, P-Line and a few others also make Fluorescent lines.

A good Black light system is made by a company called Optronics Inc. www.optronicsinc.com

FL-200B.jpg

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-25-2003).]