• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago

Tim

You are hired as the official photographer!! With these pictures there will be great memories of the "last time," until it is the first time next year! I guess we can look forward to a quick thaw and open water now . . .nah, never say die!! One more week . . . right Johnnie?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank your absolutely right! I just emailed Johnny telling him it's not over yet! It can't be... frown.gif I am not ready so let's go up north Franky. Hey who's gonna take our photo coming off the ice? frown.gif

If there was one thing I could do my whole life it would be ice fishing and my friend Tank working the last 40+ something years has had his share of ultimate outdoors adventures and memories with his son and my good friend Jay. Although Jay has been sidetracked for a while with the new job and girl it has been my pleasure to be there for both of them on and off ice. I couldn't ask for better friends, I just couldn't... Hardcore iceheads stick together and we have a solid group right here.

I'm know dummy... I learned alot from the best and just when I think I have learned everything about ice fishing from these two., Jay showed me something with a bobber a rubber band, a couple of jigs and a bell sinker. Which makes me think man what other tricks up the sleeves do theses Vassil's know. I tell you it's great having these guys as friends and teachers and Jay's right I guess if they stopped picking on me they wouldn't like me anymore. All kidding aside they know what there doing and don't need a hot bite to prove it. Tank's proven that all year.

From the boat, wading, on ice, and with the bow and gun., Tank is free to put the smack down on the outdoors for as long as the good lord will let him and I hope it's for many years to come and were all apart of it. Yep I'm jealous of Tank but I know someday I'll get there and my son too will be hauling a pail full of perch in at the end of the day and drilling my holes when my arms are sore. smirk.gif

What we all knew about Canadarago back in the day was how fast we could fill up a limit of perch and how plentiful they were back then. Now it's the appreciation and hard work for the finest perch and not so much the quantity like it was but the quality. Canadarago is a tough lake but like anything you love, you want to take the the time to learn it and the more knowledge you take the more gratifying your experiences and she will not only teach you but you will learn to love her and she will hook you.

"Z" was instrumental in this we fished this lake for quite a few years now icefishing and last year open water always willing to help with reports and the hot lure.. grin.gif

Like Tank told me and I fully agree, "Canadarago is probably the worst place you could take someone new to ice fishing to fish, especially for perch."

But while the memories are still fresh in my mind the satisfaction that I crave and we love is feeling that slob perch smack that bait and the ease of a few initial cranks and then the sudden stand still and drag slip of a Canadargo hog. I have been awakened by the these hooksets and battles in my dreams and I am in complete peace. This just another year and another chapter come to a close of fine memories and friends and good breakfast's all along the way wink.gif It don't get any better than this!

I thought about you guys when I drove by saturday morning on my way to Auburn, NY. Plenty of people on the ice. Darago was the last lake I saw ice on as I headed towards western, NY. All I seen was open water along the thruway and was jelous on you WNY's . Bass Pro was awesome as I would never miss the annual spring classic sale.

Talked to Tuzzy this morning and he was a little upset that someone RKG'd him with those small perch in his bucket. Apparently he missed out (behind me not paying attention) when I was showing you guys by the van some of his slobs grin.gif He said he would have never put those 4" in his pail. All I can say is "Frank" did you pull off this caper by yourself or was it a combined effort with Wayne to distract him so the deed could be done? Tuzzy want's me to let everyone know he didn't keep those little beauties and that they were planted. grin.gif

Yep it's sad it's over frown.gif but to ease our burden will be casting very soon grin.gif

Big Johnny sent me an email and he 's going out in the boat this morning with the Wizard for some glacial lake perch. Looking forward to his report.

Tuzzy caught me in the cafeteria and had the nerve to accuse me of slipping those 4 inchers in his bucket. I told him those were his first "slobs" that he was hauling in! They just happened to get bigger as the day went on . . . or did they? Well Dink, I mean Tuzzy, or is that Bananaman, still thinks that someone else put them in his pail. I guess we shall have to wait and see until next year if he still has those "slobs" in his bucket at the parking area!! tongue.gif

Frank - this is really getting funny grin.gif If Tuzzy can't remember putting dinks in there and he's accusing you, this is great. Somebody at the lab read the Canadarago post and was given Tuzzy dump for keeping the little ones. Poor Tuzzy I think... I found another shallow water special for you Frank smile.gif

Well guys 3 of us hit up Darago Sunday AM from 7-11am. WE got off right before the extreme weather (heavy down pour/wind) ended up with about 15 nice gills one was 9.5" 5 nice perch biggest was 11", 1 smallie at 11", 6 bullheads biggest was 13-14" and 2 walleye a 7" and a 10"er smile.gif all in all wasnt sto bad of a morning

Nice report Tim, glad someone had an opportunity to get out and fish. smile.giffrown.gif Well as you know my weekend was shot and I spent way to much time at the dealers, but through the trial and tribulations of waiting I firmed up a deal hopefully for the long haul. Here's the deal I purchased a 99 Chevy Venture LS, 3.4 L, loaded, 50K, inspected 6 mos, 6000 mile warranty for power train. Interior is something special, the outside does have a couple of minor scratches but overall it's sweet. The deal went like this $7300 and my van which was worth $500 and another $1500 cash with dealer prep and tax we came out with some sweet payments $199 for 3.5 years... The main thing is this ice fishing season I won't have to sweat it when I want to make a haul out to fish with Big Johnny Ice., I can go with authority, Trying to figure out the seat configuration for my ice fishing set up it as it has a lot more room than my Dodge. grin.gif

Your right on about that Tim, confidence in fishing is one thing grin.gif making sure you can get there and get back is another. wink.gif No holds barred and unabated, were after em. grin.gif Showed Tuzzy the van this morning and he was quite impressed until he saw that he didn't have a power adjust passenger seat grin.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

The kicker is the same guy that sold Tuzzy his Santa Fe is the same guy I got my van from, funny.

3 nights in a row casting for eyes . . . lots of buckeyes and the walldos having fun crashing though them but they really aren't feeding . . . last night nada as far as baitfish 7:30-8:30 . . .maybe 1-2 weeks to go until the feedbag is on.

I talked to Z Sunday and he and Craig found some willing perch on Oneida but he has not been out since last week. Talked to North Shore last night and I will be heading up to his place soon when these marauding walleyes have the feed bag on. Reports have been dismal and with more rain coming there's just not taht much excitement from the big pond. Been busy with customers lately trying to get it all settled before we walk on top grin.gif