• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wauby Jan. 28,29,30

A crew of us are planning on heading to Waubay the last weekend in Jan. Looking for any advice on where to stay,general areas to fish or any other advice someone would like to give. Lookin for an after hours hot spot for an adult beverage or two wink.gif Thanks everyone!!!!

posty, Pudge and I have made a lot of trips up to Waubay, however, we typically stay in my sleeper house. I do know that the grenville sportsmart has two nice houses that can accomodate many people and the houses are located just a few paces off the water. Try fishing around school bus point and the island just south of the point. I will typically try and find waters of 20 feet deep and better to find some action. As far as after hours Pudge was right. The Decoy in the town of Webster is a pretty good hang out.

Good luck!

The Bunk House motel is Webster is a good place to stay. They have a fish cleaning shack behind the motel. Rates are reasonable, plus they have a bar and a lounge.

Pereboom's Cafe is a great place for a hot home cooked meal after a cold day on the lake. It's right on the corner of Highway 12 & 25.

check out my profile for my Homepage. I have links to SD fishing report websites.

The bunkhouse is a very popular place to stay, but there are others, do a search for Webster, SD and the Chamber listings. If you stay at the Bunkhouse be sure to ask if there is a dance/band playing on the nights you will be there. If there is you will want a room on the south side of the building or you will be up rockin with them 1/2 the night. If that's your thing then great but if you just go to fish and not party all night it sucks to be up all night. The walls between rooms are also thin, so if you are not one of the drunks that stumble in at 2:00 am you could be awake with them. I don't mean to run the place down as all the other things like the fish cleaning shack(which they charge to use) and the restruant are both very nice. Enjoy your trip.

ps. the pizza at the Duck is good as is the Frontier lounge/steakhouse downtown. The local Cafe near the Frontier is also good for B-fast as well as Perebooms.

The decoy got a lot of my business during hunting season...It's a good place to party. If anyone makes it to Perebooms, tell my girlfriends hi for me...lol

The bunkhouse is my place of choice, clean, reasonable, and the cleaning building is top-notch.

Andy

Thanks everyone for all your replys!! What are the snow conditions like out towards Waubay?? Does Lake Waubay have a road system that you pay to use or is it just drive wherever you can make it? Thanks again

No formal tole roads but there has been pay drops on some private access points that work on a honor system. Once your on the ice your on your own. Plenty of trails to the main haunts.

The land owners are good enough to keep there areas plowed so drop a few bucks in the can for his efforts.

So whats the latest report out on Waubay?? We'll be on our way thursday afternoon. Do the walleyes bite at night, thinking about maybe spending one night in the fishhouse. Otherwise we are stayig at the bunkhouse. Thanks everyone for your replys!!!!!!