• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 camp ripley

wayno

Hi all you fellow bowhunters. Im planning on applying for the 2005 camp ripley bow hunt. This will be my first time applying. I have the following questions.

1 Do u have to camp there over night or can u leave each night??

2 when is application date??

3 if i get drawn can i scout the day before or not?

4 What trophies have u all gotten from there???

Wayno...Here are some answers.

You can leave the camp and stay elsewhere (hotel, etc.) Only thing is that you will have to wait longer to drive into the camp to hunt. People camping on site will park their vehicles in line the night before the hunt. This is the order that you go in. There is no pre-scouting. There are topography maps of the area available (contact DNR office out of Little Falls) so you can get close to some area that looks good to you. Basically however I know a lot of first timers spend the opening morning searching around for a good spot to sit that evening and the next day.

Not sure on when the deadline for applications is (check DNR HSOforum or last years regulation book).

There are some real dandies taken every year. However your looking at a real low percentage of bucks taken as being adult deer much less "Pigs". Don't get discouraged as there is a real potential to hook up with one. The nice thing about last year (and I think it will happen again this upcoming year) is that you could purchase a bonus tag to shoot an antlerless deer and not affect your regular license.

Hope this helps

WW