• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

17' Lund Explorer 115 yamaha 4 stroke?

Northlander

Question

11 answers to this question

Wierd, page 52 in their catalog says max 90 in two places while refering to the SS model. I took a look at the specs in the back and it said 125 there? I guess a guy would have to look at the CG rating plate.

I have the 90 HP Yamaha on my 1675 Explorer, it now runs great though I am still playing with props it will run about 40 mph (GPS not speedometer) and has a good hole shot.

Depending on where you buy the boat you may have to have the motor height adjusted . One Large MN boat dealer mounts the motors on all of the boats they sell as low as physically possible . Maybe to sell more props ?

Fisky I saw the same thing but it is rated to a 130 I guess. Thats what it said on the boat. 2004 is a bit bigger and heavier than last years. 4 " gunnel and 36" deep at center. Real nice boat and real close to the angler.

Northlander,
I have read thru some of those threads over there. Sounds like it could be something as simple as oilchange procedure, or something having to do with break-in? It also sounds like some folks have no probs and nothing but good to say about them also. Myself, I know 3 people that run these engines, 2 since early last season and the other since the season before. I've fished out of all 3 of these boats and from my times in them I have to say they are way sweet. None of these guys have had any problems with their F115's, and have nothing but good to say of them. 1 guy did have a tachometer calibration problem when he first got it, but that was taken care of right away by the dealer. Not sure if it was the fancy multi function tach or something with the electrical system of the engine or what? No problem now though. If I were looking to power a boat with that size engine that would be one I'd seriously consider.

Fisky

I have a 115 yamaha on a 2004 1700 SS explorer. It gets up and moves. Dealer wanted to sell me the boat with a 90 Yamaha, but with all the posts I have read. Not too many people wish they had a smaller motors on their boats. Boat runs around 45-46 with 2 people in boat. Also 115 is fuel inj. 90 has carbs.
Motor so far has been great. But time will tell like with most motors.