• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable lighting help??

IceC

Question

Looking for some ideas to add a light system in my Fish Trap Pro.What will I all need? Where/how to mount lights? Batteries? Any help on this one is Really appreciated smile.gif

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

8 answers to this question

I also wanted to add that "foil blanket" ceiling that I've read people talking about here. Does it have a specific name? or where would I get some?

Thanks again smile.gif

IceC

------------------

The LED technology has come a long way. For power consumption, you can't beat it. I'm trying to remember where I saw them but they make a 24 element head with an aligator type clip on them. I'll poke around and see what I come up with. On the same subject, you know those 12V power paks they sell now? Most of them have a built in work light, cig type plug, on board charger, and a batt meter. Those to me scream "Take me fishing!"

chunk

IceC, go to the Cabelas web site and type in space blanket and the item you are looking for will come up. They cost $9.99 and have a very tough backing on them that wont rip. They work great!

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

Get yourself one of those contruction lamps, (looks like a mixing bowl), it will have a little clamp on the back of it also. Put a 12v 50w bulb in it. Buy a cheap $2.99 extension cord and cut off the male end. Put 2 alligator clips where the male end of the extension cord was, plug your lamp into the female end of the extension cord and the alligator clips onto your trolling motor battery. I have this same set-up for my Otter and it works great. The battery gets heavy if you are pulling the sled by hand, but I pull my sled with a wheeler so anything goes. Just an idea for you.

I just ordered the bonfire blaze tent lamp from REI. All LED's, supposed to be very bright but also has a dimmer level if wanted. 22 bucks. I should get it by early next week. I will let you all know what I think.

Thanks for the idea's guys smile.gifKeep'em coming! I was hoping to use my extra Vex battery,since I do pull my sled alot.And I think LED would be the way to go with that batt.I hope smile.gifI would really only need the lights for early morning,late night, so they wont be used all day.

I got the foil blanket and that alone really helps the lighting,but I need more.

Can I post links here??I've been searching the net and found some LED's that I think might work but wanted some other thoughts on them?

Glad I thought of this project now instead of November smile.gif

IceC

------------------

I have the older style 1 man Fishtrap, so it's small compared to the new ones, and I just use a small desk lamp and put a 12 volt bulb into it. Cut the plug and replace with alligator clips. Clip onto your vex battery and away you go.