• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish glove

juddfish

Question

I was watching a fishing show the other day and the guy had a big rubber glove that had velcrow on it and another piece of velcrow around his belt so when he caught a fish it was easily accessible to put the glove on to remove the fish without being poked. I thought this would be perfect for my trip to Canada (expecting to be catching numbers of fish) I didnt think my hands would feel very good after 5 days of walleye fishing. Does anyone know what company makes this or where I could find one? Thanks!

~juddfish

5 answers to this question

Scheels All sports sells them , or any farm implement dealer has a similar rubber glove.

I do not know if you should buy one , you may Jinx the trip ! "expect little a you won't be disapointed" .

Good luck and have a great time .

I have one of those Lindy fish handling golves i got for X-mas. It is awesome for handling bullheads b/c they cant sting ya. Great for takin sunnies out of the livewell, nice for holdin northearns or walleys b/c the fish wont move with all the grip you get with that glove. Maybe not good for CPR but if ur careful it shouldnt matter.
Great idea!

------------------
Fish ON!

Gloves? I wish I wore gloves! I bring them along always, but never use them untill my hands are cut-up, bleeding, swollen, and infected. Then I think...time to wear the gloves!! A little too late at this point. frown.gif On some of my longer trips the wounds take from days to weeks to heal. A northern on the English River below Ear Falls put a 1 1/2" x 1/4 cut on my hand which I sewed up myself! A crank bait buried a hook deep under my tendons and arterys on my wrist while on a HOT bite on L Erie. The hook was completly gone out of site. I tryed pulling it back out, but the barb would catch my veins and tendons(?). On a boat 7 miles from an island which we took a fairy to, and no medical facilities on the island....and the fish are biting. What do you do? PUSH IT THROUGH!! Pushed that point through about a 1/4 inch of meat untill the point poked out of my wrist. My friend clipped the barb, and the shank slipped right out. Strange thing was, there was zero blood and pain. Who's got time for a glove when the fish are putting on the feed? Not me.....until I can't handle the pain. I guess I'll never learn, as much as I tell myself.......never again!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck