• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Repair Advice

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Question

OK all you boat owners, here goes nothing.
While this was the best year of fising on Cass Lake my brand new baby did not fair so well. My new Lund has a few war wounds on her compliments of a huge storm that came up and a tiny slip that I had to try to squeeze into. Needless to say...the dock won! My boat lost. I have several fairly deep scratches that are above the water line and do not go all the way thru but are pretty nasty looking. I am looking for advice from some other aluminum boat owners. Should I wet sand and touch up the boat and then buff it out. Should I take it in and have it done professionally ( how much will that cost? ) Or should I just leave them on there to give her "character". It is not a new boat anymore, it is now "my boat". HELLLLLP!!!

1 answer to this question

Had that happen to me one boat ago. The tires on the dock got me good in Canada. I found the best place to take it was an auto body repair shop that you can trust...don't let them use filler, the deep ones have to be pulled out. It has to be sprayed back on, if not it won't look right. Possibly you can order the right paint from Lund. Ron