• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to get good service on motor?

Question

I recently bought a boat with a '89 70hp Evinrude. It runs a little rough. I replaced spark plugs, but didn't help alot. I am looking for a good shop to bring it to. I live in NE Mpls. Anyone have recommendations? How about Hannay's on Central Ave?

Thanks-Mark

4 answers to this question

my buddy who used to live in NE got his boat serviced there several times and they seemed very reasonable - not outrageously expensive and no complaints about their work. He (my friend) moved up north so he no longer uses 'em ......... I'd be curious to hear feedback from others tho......

I brought my boat to them in July they located the problem quick and fixed it. Now I just got back from LOW & Rainy LAKE and it didn't want to run right at low speed and idling , so they re-jetted and advanced the timing and apologized for not getting it right and charged me $0.00.

I had brought it to a parts changer (part on Part off) he was just starting to replace everthing when I stopped him. You have to set an appointment and it can take 3 weeks but they do a good service.Metro