• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

River Pro boats- Hi Pro vs Lo Pro

HawgTide

Question

Ah yes the lo pro has my vote to. But I'm a bass guy like you. However the more popular is the hi pro. I think the hi pro is safer to if you have kids or clumbsy like me.

There's guys on here with better info (Like Kevin Turner & Dennis Steele) but my .02 won't hurt.

I've fished each model once as Dennis' guest and my take was that the LoPro had more storage in the deck & cut the chop a little better on plane. The HiPro's higher sides with built-in shelf compartments are great for quickly getting at frequent-use items and offer a safer ride for kids-n-such. The live well in the HiPro is simply massive! If I could afford one I would get the HiPro.

Aquaman

Thats a tough choice!HiPro vs. Low Pro.I was lucky enought to get to drive both rigs and liked them both.matter of fact the only reason I chose the HiPro over the LowPro was for the comfort and safety of clients.Its really tough to fall out of a HiPro!Being a catman first,I also do a little more "sit down" type fishing than casting.However I do a little pitching jigs and throwing spinner baits for bass or walleye too.I fish out of the back of my HiPro 99% of the time and just cast from standing on the motor compartment.You can see a country mile from that "nose bleed" vantage point, and can pick out fish and structure a quite well.Its almost like fishing from the poleing platform on a flats boat.
The Low Pro has a huge rear deck.Its 8 foot long and 92" wide.I believe both boats have the same size front deck which is also very roomy.Bigger than most deep vee type boats but a little smaller that your big Ranger bass rigs that seem to be all deck.
I think the HiPro has a smaller price tag than the Low Pro,but has every bit as much performance unless you go with the 250Merc Sport Jet that is offered on the LowPro.
Tough choice indeed,they are simply both awsome boats!

Hey Guys, I'm in So Dakota and The Hotel I'm at won't let me log on. So I came to Radio Shack to check my messages...
The LoPro by far is the better casting boat.
The HiPro is great for live bait'n and cat fish'n.
My cell is 314 378 2685 or I'll be in Moticello Monday if anyone would like a demo.

Thanks for all the info.

Kevin, I live in Monticello, so I may take you up on that offer on Monday. Thanks!

We're going to try the Rum River on Saturday. I've been told it's manueverable for my boat. I'll let you know the results.

This is what the Red River North of Fargo looks like right now. If you don't have a River Pro, Ah.......don't go.
(Photo is of Dennis Flom, "Catch Big Cats Guide Service".)
57422-Shallow%20RiverPro.jpg

As far as the section I plan to have the "Frog Stomp" on. I selected it because it is deeper, and more consistent, far safer for prop rigs right now. So guys whom may be bringing propped rigs, you have far less worry there.

For them River Pro runners, go wherever you wish and fish.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"
701-281-2300
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 08-26-2003).]

Limped home to St Louis. Dealers in Souix City didn't have module in stock to fix my truck. (BTW I have almost 90K on the Duramax and a little hick-up can be expected).
I sold my Demo LoPro to Gary at River Terrace Park and plan to head up this weekend to deliver it. Hawgtide lets try to hook up.
BBQ...I do plan to make it up there, just don't know when. Thanks Ed, Dennis Steele, And Dennis Flom...Do be carefull that water looks real low.

[This message has been edited by Kevin Turner (edited 08-25-2003).]

Dennis Flom has some seriously skinny water up by his place right now, that is him in the photo above by the way.

Even in years half as low as this his section off the Red and up into the Sheyenne River is a no-go for most prop rigs. This past week is a real challenge and definitely a no-go for props.

So tell me, does he look like he loves that new River Pro Hi Pro, or what? grin.gif

Ya Kevin I gots ta be careful, I'm still running a stump chopper.

Ya know what really worries me Eh?

If the Red gets any lower, I may just have to go fish...."GULP".....lakes...."Oh the shame"! frown.gif

------------------

701-281-2300
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 08-26-2003).]

Kevin, I'm kinda kicking around ideas for a new river rig. I saw on your HSOforum a mention of new models soon, any early tidbits on what you may have instore?

Regards....fiskyknut

OK....Picked up the Duramax. I'm gonna give her another try. I got my old Chevy PU on stand by, fueled and ready to roll if needed. I figure since this is a equipment forum I can keep you posted on my vehicle exploits. The Duramax has been a excellent truck 'till this chapter, and those I've spoken to haven't had any real problems to discuss.
I hope to be in Monticello on Monday....

Oh Yeah..Fiskynut, I have some ideas on a MidPro. A combination HiPro & LoPro. Lopro front casting deck and dual consoles with Hipro rear configuration and 5" lower side height than the HiPro. Also, I'm working with pro river guides Dave Genz and Pete Mlinar on a 1872 HiPro Guide Series.Problem has been finding the time to build the prototypes.

I had a friend who had a like problem with his. It turned out to be some kinda sensor that cut back the fuel and subsequently the RPM's. They tried the chip first, and that was not the issue. It could have been a combo of the two, they were not sure? After they changed the sensor it perked back up.

Kevin I had a couple of days in the Hi-Pro, man that is the real deal for sure. We ran water nobody could run now. Very sweet!

Yup...I definitely need one of them...Yup-Yup!

-----

701-281-2300
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-02-2003).]

well I hope to see one of your boats, they look like the shizznit man. Unfortunately my wifes return to college this fall has cleaned out any money I had saved up for a down payment on a new boat.
Gotta love my Dodge Ram though, 32K and It hasnt let me down.
Wish I could have made it down to the frog stomp, but I was workin.