• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lakemaster help!!

mtreno

Question

i did not regester my software when i got it and now i lost the case it came with. its up at mille lacs i am sure but when i asked my dad to bring it home he said it was not their (ya right) - anyway i wanted to use it today to mark some spots for fishing tonight on waconia but i cant use the program. is there anyway around it? If the disk is lost can i get the # somehow or do i have to buy it again just to use the program - god i hope not - please help - hurry -

i told myself i cannot go hunting this year untill i land a legal muskie - i am running out of time - early goose coming soon need to get ski now - help help help -

5 answers to this question

You can call them direct at 866-333-2160. They will give you the access code for your software. (as long as it hasn't been registered by someone else) A quick fix for the time being would be to uninstall the program and then re-install it. You'll have 30 days before it locks you out again.

------------------
www.millelacsguideservice.com
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-20-2003).]

Adam's right, call them and explain.

But the uninstall/reinstall technique doesn't work. You actually need to reformat the drive to remove the tags that are left by the original install.

MTRENO/GRABS:

If what Grabs is saying is correct you probably don't need to reformat your drive, but you can perform a reg hack by typing 'regedit' after clicking on Start-->Run from the start menu in windows. The lakemaster folder should be under the SOFTWARE sub-directory of your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory. Delete only the folder containing the lakemaster software!!! Please don't attempt this if you have any doubt of what you are doing as deleting the wrong folder can lead to disaster!

Best way is to probably call LakeMaster and get a new key.

Take care and good luck with your software!

I bought this software about 2 months ago and can't wait until first ice to start marking ton's of waypoints.

SUNNYD

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here's how the Maps rate for accuracy...
ReelBottom Maps - Highly Accurate - 1' Contours
ProMap Series - Highly Accurate - 3' Contours
and regular LakeMaster Maps - Similar to most maps on the market today - Gets you close most of the time, not as detailed. - 5' Contours

You can get more info or order yours on the at:
http://Minnesota-Lake-Maps.com