• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lake

Fished Silver out of Mack's yesterday with BigJohnnyIce didn't locate any gills in the south end fished 6' to 17' but found some willing perch in 32 - 34'. Tough bite had to go small and black was the only color that produced for me. As others have stated it's a different animal Silver Lake. Got some good info for the TA and I will be working to find some gills between now and TA. The ice was 3.5" to 4" but we lost ice yesterday with the rain and snow on top when we left it seemed as though 1/2" to 3/4" was lost. Be careful out there with this warm-up it could be very hairy. I learned alot yesterday and that was worth the 2.5 hour trip alone.

CNY Tim and I fished together for the first time on 12/29. We both did pretty good on the perch in about 23'. Tim, being a virgin to the lake, saw first hand what a different lake Silver can be. I ended up limiting out (with 7 or 8 perch from Tim). All fish were 9" or better, with about 8 hogs in the mix. Took me two+ hours to fillet them all!! My neck is still killing me!

2856100_3543b-thumb.jpg

I learned alot on that lake first time out and the numbers of quality perch in that lake are great. Getting them to bite can be very challenging. My goal now is to catch more each time I go to help you partner. Glad you liked the new unit.

My friend Dark Cloud is helping me big time in that department. I will have 3 rigs rigged and ready next time we hit the perch and naturally I'll throw one of my favorite gill rods in there too. But with Dark Clouds rods I can do both and not skip a beat. I'll be painting some of my jigs later today the girls have 50 million colors of nail polish for me to choose from. LOL

Dark Cloud - Ray said he could not locate anymore of those blanks that you gave me to give to him. He sent it to a friend of his to see what he could come up with that mirrors close to the action on that blank, no word yet.