• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to Charge a 24 volt system for my trolling motor Batteries

gtofast1

Question

Just bought my 1700 explorer not sure if I should put in a 2 bank system or should I just charge the batteries one at a time... Which way is the best to go? Or can you charge them when they are hooked together?
Thanks for any help I can get. Dealer wanted to put a 2 bank system but wasn't sure if it was the right way to go.

6 answers to this question

I wouldn't even be afraid of getting a 3 bank. 1 for each of your trolling motor batteries and one for the starting motor. Usually not needed but I have mistakingly left my power button on and have had my starting battery get really drained down. If you have the 3 bank it will charge all batteries by just plugging in a cord. If not a 3 bank I wouldn't go without a 2 bank for the trolling motor batteries.

Looks like I'll have to try to talk my wife into letting me spend some more money on a 2 bank system. She thinks I don't need one. So if I can show her the replies and the right way to do things she might see the light.... Thanks again

LOKK AT THE STAYNCHARGE SYSTEM ON THIS SITE.
YOU WILL HAVE MORE CHARGED BATTERIES AND YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO PLUG YOUR BOAT INTO AN AC OUTLET AGAIN AND YOU WILL SPEND ALOT LESS MONEY. GOOD LUCK AND STAY IN CHARGE

------------------
JIM PAYNE

Dual Pro makes a model called the SE Extreme that I purchased. It is a 2 bank, 10 amp per bank system that will also charge your trolling batteries from the engines alternator once the cranking battery has reached its optimum voltage. It's great for a long day fishing as you can cruise around and charge them if you get low, great on big water such as LOW, etc. I haven't run out once and I've put in some long days. It runs on 12 or 24 volt systems. It costs 279.99 and has a 3 year warranty. As far as I'm concerned, I would get nothing else and its a great price.

Fisherdog

THE STAYNCHARGE GORILLA UNIT THAT THIS SITE SALES A A REALLY LOW PRICE DOES EVERYTHING THE DUAL PRO DOES PLUS ALOT MORE FOR ABOUT $100.00 LESS. THE STAYNCHARGE GORILLA WILL CHARGE 24 OR 36 VOLT BATTERIES WILL YOU TOW THE BOAT BACK AND FOURTH TO THE LAKE AND CAN BE WIRED TO CHARGE ON THE WATER. DON'T TAKE ME WRONG THE DUAL PRO'S SEEM TO DO WAHT THEY SAY BUT THE STAYNCHARGE WILL DO EVERYTHING IT CLAIMS AND MORE. MAYBE THIS WILL HELP, I JUST GOT BACK FROM COLORADO AND PICKED UP RON SEELHOFF AS A USER OF THE STAYNCHARGE GORRILA. RON IS THE WINNEST WALLEYE PRO OF ALL TIME AND HE DOES NOT JUST PROMOTE ANYTHING.RON LIKED THE STAYNCHARGE PRODUCT THAT WE WENT TO NEBRASKA AND SHOWED IT TO CABELLA'S AND NOW THEY ARE GOING TO START CARRYING THE STAYNCHARGE PRODUCTS. WE ALSO HAVE HAVE A THREE YEAR WARRANTY. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL CHECK IT OUT WITH RICK AND THE STAFF AT THIS SITE AND WE WILL WORK TO TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR CHARGING NEEDS. GOOD LUCK

------------------
JIM PAYNE