• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

limits, I would like your opinions

First let me say, please don't judge me this is just a question that I always wanted to ask but knew would stir a bunch of dump.

How many are for the limits on our panfish and why, also who is agianst it and why? Also, do you think the sales of panfish are ok or not ok and why? This is a REALLY touchy Question / ISSUE with some people so lets keep it civilized. smile.gif

Thanks

Lee

Take what you need to eat and put the rest back. No I don't think selling fish is a good thing on small bodies of water it destroys them i.e. Leb and Six... Selling perch or bluegills on the bigger lakes like Oneida doesn't seem to hurt that fishery. A place like caz. can get picked over quick.

Even with limits on fish taken you constantly see abuses. As a result, those bodies of water that can handle it will continue to produce fish and those that can not will diminish. Supply and demand . . . not enough fish and people don't fish it . . . the fish population comes back and the process is repeated. I guess more correctly the law of nature. Not really answering the question I know Lee . . . just some thoughts. Selling or more precisely, over selling, keeping over the limit or going home with a limit and then coming back for another is all abuse and only hurts the fisherman/woman ultimately, especially when new regulations are imposed that limit the freedoms we had before. And the irony is, those that abused everything before will continue. So, my two cents and if I was on the ice like CNYTim I would not have the time to think about this question. A thought provoker . . .need a beer now.

Tim and Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I wonder if a lot of people read this post but just didn't know how to answer it? It just questions that I like to ask but never seem to have the right time or place to ask them without starting a big argument. I'm for and agianst both ideas. Like Tim said it can hurt smaller bodies of water and be great for other bodies of water like Frank said. I have fished in lakes that needed to have more fish taken out because of over population and I have fished lakes in the past that just got hammered on day in and day out that showed that the pressure was taken it's toll on it. Now let me ask you this, they put a size and creel limit on the crappies, now have any of you seen an increase of fish and size of them? I personally know of 3 places that have actually gone down hill since they put the new rules in effect on them. Just another brain teaser for my fellow ice buddies. lol