• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Cotton Cordell lures

Rainman

Question

Anyone see the latest lure by cotton cordell on the shelves yet. I forgot the name but it is sopposed to be a sweet lure. Like a shad rap but twice as heavy for great casting ability and dives to 20+ feet of water and runs true to 10 miles an hour, Not that I would troll that fast anyway. I heard the field testers were very amazed buy the fish it brings in as well!

Rainman

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 07-13-2003).]

7 answers to this question

Rainman-

The lure you're talking about is called the "Grappler Shad", and was tested on Mille Lacs by a buddy of mine. From what I've heard, they do an amazing job.
Fleet Farm in Oakdale is carrying them, and I picked up a few over the weekend to try on Pool 2. The cast a mile, run true, and caught fish for me ripping them on the faces of wingdams. Thumbs up from this guy!

------------------
-FNC

"If I had a job... I'd quit it."

Thanks Fish,
I have got to get me some of these. What did you have to fork out for them? If you don't mind me asking. Also is your buddies name Steve Dezurik? Just curious! I have read alot of his posts! I want to go fishing with him sometime on pool 2, I fished that pool for the first time this last year and caught quite a few fish. Now I want to learn more about this pool!

Rainman

The CD15 GRAPPLER SHAD is a nifty lure, a real digger.

CD15_l.gif
They come in 24 color paters too.

The CD12 C.C. Shad is a favorate of mine too. Caught a mess of fish on them!

cc_shad_group.jpg

One of my favorates for shallow water walleye is the CS85 Suspending Ripplin’ Red Fin. The original and the suspending model has hung many a hog in the fall for me.

ripplin_red_fin_CS85.jpg

The CW79 Wally Demon is a big producer too. I like the way they trip over snags and hang-up less. A good river diver where trash is a worry.

wally_demon_S79.jpeg

Last but not least the CS7 & CS8 Wally Minnow. They run well and deep at ultra-slow speeds, great cold water walleye diggers.

WallyMinnow_family.jpg

Those are my top picks for Cotton Cordell on divers.

For shallow runners I find Bomber 15A's or Smithwicks, both hard to beat.
B15AP_l.gif
super_rogue_ADRD12.jpg

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

Rainman-

I paid the same price as Gander has them... 3.99. But, like Mike mentioned with 25% off deal... you can't go wrong there! Plus, you could pick up a couple of Ed's recommendations as well. I have used a couple he is talking about, and have had great luck with the ones I have used.

Yes, DeeZee is a buddy of mine. I'd HIGHLY recommend booking him for a day, as you will learn alot about fishing Pool 2. I know I did! I think he will be back down here in September for the fall. I'd suggest taking a trip with him sometime before the fall bite really kicks in, as he will show you how to effectively fish wingdams with plastics for BIG fall walleyes. Once the bite starts, it's unbelievable at times.

------------------
-FNC

"If I had a job... I'd quit it."

the fleet farm in oakdale was out of them when i was there yesterday... and when i asked the guy who worked the fishing section he just gave me a puzzled look and said it would be in the crankbait aisle but alas nothing