• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling Motor Batteries - recharging

Doonbuggy

Question

I have a two year old trolling motor battery. I use a regular Exide recharger (regular plug-in type)

It seems that this year it really takes a long time to recharge the battery. It was very low on Sunday and it has been recharging all week, but it still is not near a 100% charge.

Is the battery bad, just taking a long time b/c it was very low, or is the charger itself gone bad? Or do I just need patience?

This is a big battery - perhaps it needs a few days charging to get to full? Also, do you put the clips on the bigger terminals or the smaller terminals that you screw down the connections?

Thanks for any input.

3 answers to this question

i agree with checking the water level, and making sure that your contacts are good. if those are good, take your boat or just the battery to a shop and have it checked. this way you will know for shure if it is the battery or your charger. del