• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AC/DC Coolers

Sifty

Question

Was wondering if anyone out there has one that they like? I will be going on a trip and need to bring juice and pop for the kids and looking to also use it in the boat. Thanks in advance.
Sifty

5 answers to this question

We have one here and it works great for exactly those purpose's.. also comes in handy at picinics, etc when kids are endlessly heading to the cooler for pop or juice. I got lucky and found mine at a garage sale for $10. They are great in the vehicle if you have the room (van, minivan, larger SUV, motorhome)

I have the larger Coleman unit that we bring camping as an auxiliary unit. It''ll drain your battery in a hurry if you're not running off a power source but works great otherwise. I also have both sizes of the Extreme coolers. They'll keep cubes alive for five days in 90-degree heat. You can keep meat frozen for a few days by putting it with ice in a foam minnow bucket or chest and then putting it in the Extreme.

I have a 40 quart one that I use in the summer when I am on the road doing construction. I have it in the back seat of my pick up it is great. It will draw on the battery pretty hard. I forgot and left it plugegd in for 10 hours one day and my truck wouldn't start. It is nice because you don't have to worry about getting ice or having water all over if you keep it in the cab. Plus it does cool everything down pretty nice if you put something warm in there it takes about 2 hours to cool it down.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 07-10-2003).]