• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing reports?

Jerknperchsd, how was the goose hunting? My wifes family is from wilmot they seem to get pretty good numbers of geese up there.I Will be there all next weekend pheasant hunting since i cant get on the ice. Adam

Hey Jerknperch, i was out by waubay lake today and saw a lot of ice. the wind did hurt conditions but it will help in the long run. The ice was okay but not the best, now that some has opened back up it will freeze better. Tonight it is getting down to 10 degrees and tommorrow night the same with the wind dying down to 5-10 mph. The next 7 days are going to be cold. If your comming this way next weekend dont forget your gear, we will be fishing.

I took a drive around this morning trying to find some fishable ice. with no success. This afternoon it was ready to go again. Too bad the fish did not want to cooperate. The water was much murkier due to the wind stirring up the open water. This is probably the reason for my lack of success.

I do want to warn every one that most of the ice is very unsafe near shore right now. I actually fell through. Thank goodness is was only about 2 feet deep. Once I made it to the middle I had a solid 3 inches.

mw

Hey Mike where did you fish. I was out on waubay today and did okay. The ice was about 3-4 inches on the south bay and 3-4 inches on the north side. I caught 10 walleyes or so and 4 perch. The ice was okay but not the greatest, the wind really made it choppy. Tonight it is calm and the low is suppose to be 0-5, should make some good ice tonight and the rest of the week. Heard of some guys who did well on bitter and said there was 5-6 inches of ice, not for sure on that but that is what i heard. Should be doing good by the weeekend, be safe

I will be in Wilmot SD this coming weekend doing the in-law christmas weekend my afternoons are filled with family obligations but am planning on fishing or pheasant hunting during the day fri-sun. Any advice on which lakes such as waubay-- bitter etc that have fishable ice which have a better day bite? Also if there is anyone heading out that would like to hook up shoot me an e-mail. adam underscore miller 11 @ hotmail . com

I will be fishing on Friday on Waubay. The better ice is on bitter. I havent been there but everybody says its better ice then Waubay. waubay haas a better day bite also, i will Send you and E-mail ATM, Its perfect today, no wind

Poorbiker, you should be fine, most of us have been fishing Bresky Bay which is on the South End, kind of on the east side. The ice is 4-5 inches. You can also see where the water was open a few days ago and the ice is bad so be careful. Its not like it just appears you can see it. The bite is good, with late first ice the fish are going strong, Be safe. I will be out there on Friday, I reported earlier that bitter was okay, but i talked to a guy today who said this is the first day he has seen the whole lake frozen over and he lives right by the lake so i would stay away, go to Waubay or enemy Swim

Sorry, i was having a bad day. I just hate it how so many people lie or accuse people of lying on here. Was out on Wuabay this morning from 6-9 and found some good walleye action. The perch are starting to pick up i heard. I will be out on friday on OPITZ.

Fished Wolf Slough Wed. 7-Perch, Thurs. 2-Perch, left and went to Lake Albert, 1-8# Slim. Time to Quite and went home. 7-10 in. ice everywhere we tryed. Going try something else today.

It's not how deep you fish, It's how you wiggle your worm.