• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Dermal Sarcoma...

Bob_D

Do you guys have issues with this out there? I caught a few with this condition last spring. Here is a fact sheet with one of the photos I took.

Dermal Sarcoma Fact Sheet

Here is a link to some hi def photos I have. These photos are VERY LARGE. Don't open the larger pic (by clicking on the thumbnail) unless you have high speed internet ot a lot of time. wink.gif

Dermal Sarcom Photos

My buddy caught on with those tumors on a walleye in Mille Lacs. There was a thread about this last year to. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that those tumors grow then bust and infect other walleyes. So it's best to keep them? Is that correct? Anyone remember that?

Great, now we have walleye herpes...lol

I too have caught fish with this on them in Lake Bemidji and Gull Lake near Brainerd. Almost always it has been on large fish 4-5 lbs plus so they all go back anyways.

Interesting topic.

Ebass,

It does not kill the fish, so it really does not hut to put it back. It seems to show up more in the spring time. It's pretty common.

2dalake,

The thing you are seeing on Northers is probably Esocid Lymphosarcoma. It can get pretty nasty looking. That too shows up in the spring. Most pike survive, but for some reason musky have a harder time with it.

Here is a link some info on my site... Esocid Lymphosarcoma