• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubbies, I dont believe that there is a public launch on the north end, but where you would turn off county rd. J to get to the launch, pass that rd. and and take the curve to the right. Follow that past "northern alley" witch is the northern most part of the lake and continue maybe 3/4 miles or so back south and you will see an opening of no houses. In the winter the 4x4's drive on and off there and you can park on the shoulder there " I think "

This is the ice report from Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake, MN. On Madison Lake in East Bay there is about 4-5 inches, around Grassy Island there is about 4 inches and before you enter Buckmasters Bay there is a good 4 inches. The rest of Madison Lake has 1-2 inches of ice. The West end of Lake Francis, Lake Ballantyne and Eagle Lake also have about 4-5 inches of ice. On Duck Lake there is about 5 inches, same with Mud Bay on Lake Washington. These reports are near shore. Most of these lakes are now completely frozen, but the further out you get from shore, the thinner the ice gets so be cautious and be aware of changing ice conditions.

They are catching 'eyes on Madison Lake out by Buckmasters and by Cow's Bar. There is also a few nice sized crappies over by Grassy Island. Most of the 'eyes are being caught on Buckshots tipped with the head of a minnow and Jigging Raps. The crappies on small jigs or Forrage Minnows. The west end of Lake Francis is getting a few smaller crappies and northern. The northern are being caught on tip-ups with suckers. Eagle Lake is producing 2-3 lb walleyes and some 5+ lb northern on tip-ups with medium sized shiners. Good Luck and Good Fishing. Remember that no ice is safe ice so use caution and be safe when venturing out.

ya all you guys up north are just bragging to us metros. 5" here 4" there. us down here are really starting to itch. 24 year old married guys cant escape that far for some jigging. i hope the weather predictors are right for this weekend.

On coon, from the landing toward the channel set up anywhere close to the channel. I got a 30 incher earlier this year and had 3 flags today in 2 hours. Personally I use suckers but I am only after big fish, if you want numbers med shiners will do.

Cubbies