• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove by lake just south of Lonsdale this morning after dropping daughter off at school. Couldnt belive my eyes as someone was already out ice fishing... I will have to check it out maybe in the morning and let ya guys know how much ice is out there...

I am reading a lot of reports from smaller lakes but does anyone know how much ice is on Lake of the woods, mainly the area around pine island, how is the bay? Any update would be appreciated.

Looking at the forecasts, even though this weekend doesnt look good for making ice, it isn't enough to hurt us much considering next Wednesdays outlook smile.gif Single digits in the north, Low teens in the Southern part of MN. Even if it is for only one day, those temps should be the icing on the cake to get em all iced over and the ones that are already iced over and do not open back up this weekend should have plenty of ice on them come next week for some ice adventures smile.gif

Lake of the Woods is pretty much wide open. A couple of us are actually heading out in Four Mile Bay and up the Rainy River in a boat this weekend. I've heard the Warroad River has had a few people setting up tip-ups, but I don't know that first hand. Forecast highs for Saturday are mid to upper 30s. Last weekend water temps in the River were around 38 degrees, I wasn't on the Lake itself, but I doubt it was much if any colder out there. Last year I was fishing hard water the weekend after Thanksgiving, I can't believe I'll be out in a boat in December.

A few people have been going out in Grand Rapids, sylvan bay, long lake by loon, and people have been going out on Red lake. Some reports of a 1 1/2 miles out. Some people are taking 4-wheelers out on red. I have checked a few other lakes some with 3'' some with no ice. MWKtrapper give me a holler at [email protected]

Kyle Curtiss

No ice here in NY but we had some flurries today, slowly and surely will get there. Congratulations to you guys that are on top. Us fish heads south and east of you will just have to climb the walls a little longer...

I live down in Cannon Falls and byllesby has 1/4 inch of ice over parts of the lake with alot of open water still. There is a farm pond by my house that has about 4-5 inches on it. I will be out sat on the pound trying to catch a few crappies and perch.

Checked out a couple of different small lakes that I fish,

ice about 1" thick, maybe a tad more, a few more cold nights ought to do the trick.

We were Pheasant hunting today up by NowThen and we were'nt breaking through in the swampy areas? One hen up, dog worked great!

I'm realy looking forward to the ice fishing season. But i still feel some guys push it a little to much. Tying a rope to a post on shore then walking out. No Thanks, I've done that swim was not fun. I'll take the safer side must have 6 plus inches. MMMM... let see first guy to get on the ice or the fisherman, god sorts out as dumb *%#&, time for the pine box.