• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1993 Alumacraft Competitor

petefish

Question

Been looking at a used Competitor 170. This has a Yamaha pro60 outboard.Anyone have any comments on this boat and motor combination?Are these reliable motors? how do they troll? Is this enough horsepower? Boat is in good shape with depth finder,2 trolling motors snap cover and shorelander bunk trailer.price is $5500 is this reasonable ? thanks

3 answers to this question

I had a 94 Competitor 170 with a 60 Evinrude tiller and that was what the boat was rated for. Went about 32 mph tops and performed well. It was an excellent boat for 99% of the weather I fished. Mine was in excellent condition, wave wackers, 2 trolling motors,
Shorelander roller trailer and I took 6200. Was expecting a bit more but I needed to move it out for the new boat. 5500 sounds reasonable.

I would run, not walk to the guy selling this boat and give him an extra couple $100 for such a great deal. This is a steal at $5500. I looked at three 1992 Competitor 170CS last fall and they were all from $5500-$6200. I bought one with a 60hp Johnson and I absolutely love it. Alumacraft was ahead of its time with the design of these boats. I plan on keeping this boat for a long time. I do wish I had a bigger motor though. 60hp is fine, but mine is rated for 100hp and I think that would fly across the lake. I love the boat and recommend it.

My pops runs a 88 competitor with a 60 merc. I love the boat and think you will be happy with it, his will only do about 26 mph but that 94 mer is a real dog! Originally he had a 55 suzuki on it and it would do about 36 mph. hope that helps.