• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota Copilot Beeps?

Question

I recently purchased a Copilot for my Minnkota 55lb PD. Last night I was on the lake when I noticed that the transmitter was producing a beep every couple of seconds. I do not recall it doing this the first time I used it and it did not have an effect on the performance. I am just wondering if any one else has had this experience and if anyone knows any remedies to cure it.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have.

SUNNYD

4 answers to this question

I guess it helps to read the user manual...I found that I had the co-pilot in the wrong audio mode.

Thanks for tolerating my post.

SUNNYD

User manual? Huh, I thought those were just extra packaging, and throw them away with the styrofoam. wink.gif

How do you like the Co-Pilot? Does it work well? Easy to use? I'm thinking of getting that control unit for my MinnKota.

and I threw my manual away....

How do you turn the darn beeping off?

I sure like mine. Great for maneuvering around a rock snag.

One caution----
Friend of mine programmed his extra remote for MY CoPilot when I wasn't looking.
Took me two days to figure out why my motor kept turning on/off, fast/slow and in every direction while were close by. Everyone had QUITE the chuckle at my expense. Almost cut him up for fish bait....

I do like my copilot, it has been very easy to use and control. They have been large in demand where I live and have been very hard to get my hands on one. I bought the last one Fleet Farm had in the St. Cloud store, but should be getting more very soon.

To turn the beeping off you need to press the + and - at the same time and the receiver will beep to tell you what audio mode it is one. Factory default is 2. There are 3 settings and the 3rd setting is the one that beeps every 1.5 seconds. By pressing + and - the receiver will beep to indicate the audio setting it is on. 1 beep indicates one, 2 indicates two and 3 indicates 3. To get the receiver to the second audio setting just listen until you hear 2 beeps and away you go.

The copilot was a little expensive at $150, but I figure it will be worth it to be able to move around the boat at my leasure.

Have a good time fish'n!

SUNNYD