• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

weedless treble hook

Scoot

Question

I'm looking for a large weedless treble hook. I want one that will be strong enough for muskie, not a little whimpy one like the one's I've found so far. I live in Fargo and I'd like to be able to see it before I buy it- any suggestions?

Or... any suggestions on how to take the existing hook I have and make it weedless? Has anyone used wire-strands or something to customize a regular hook to make it weedless? I need something firm enough to make weeds run over the top of it, but soft enough to let a fish get at the points of the hooks- suggestions?
Scoot

1 answer to this question

take some piano wire and loop it through the eye of the hook and then bend it down over the hook, cut it so it lies just short of the hook point

------------------
"Score, and they will remember you for 25 years. Miss and
they will remember you forever."