• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Wet Is Too Wet?

If I have time it's never too wet. I actually like it when it's wet. Birds hold tighter, dog scents better, and when they do get up they are heavey so they fly slower.

I have found that rain pant taped to my boots are perfect for wet cover and wet snow.

Good luck!

Wet? Hunting in any weather is better than not hunting at all. Your starting to remind me of my dad, always complaining about something..... smirk.gif I'm leaving my driveway at 6:30 am if you change your mind and decide to come along.

Complaining...who the heck is complaining here? Don't think I'm complaining. Just being cautious. The times I have been out in mild temperatures with lots of moisture on the ground and in the vegitation I have experienced birds that would not fly but would prefer to run, run, run, hide, run, run, run, hide until they run out of real estate and flush way out in front. Let's see...running birds, wet or muddy slick terrain and a guy trying to recover from ACL surgery, nine weeks post-op. Even if Buddy or Macey did start tracking a running bird through heavy cover there would be no way I could keep pace and get within shotgun range before the bird would bust out. I took Buddy out Thursday because the conditions were great and we hunted and walked at a very slow pace. I stayed on the roads and would send Buddy into the thick stuff. The four birds that we got at the farm were holding tight and it gave me time to hobble into position for the flush. Trust me...I would love to be out front at 6:00am to make the trip but I have to consider the downside...that's it in a nutshell!