• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New - old PinPoint 3700

Whoaru99

Question

reading some past posts - post facto, I just bought a brand new PinPoint 3700 60lb/60" shaft for a tick over $400 with heavy negotiation. Bought from a reputable retailer with "satisfaction guaranteed, 1 year warranty".

It seemed like a deal at the time, but after reading some posts I'm not sure. Perhaps I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance that I didn't waste $400. Will likely be installing this weekend.

4 answers to this question

How are you getting along with your Pinpoint?

I've been looking for one (3700 or 2700) but having a hard time locating them. Where did you get yours?

email me at: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Iguy (edited 07-12-2003).]

I have the same unit. Bought it from Cabelas 2 years ago for substantially more $. It's a great unit. Be sure your go through the calibration - straight ahead routine and don't expect it to work on very gradual slopes. The motor is very efficient and the bracket/shaft are TOUGH.

------------------

You can hardly go wrong for $400. Those went for over $1500.

That being said, I've had a lot of problems with my 2700. Nice trolling motor when working, but has not been reliable.