• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clearwater Lake near Annandale

I was thinking about checking this lake out tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone had some general info about the lake and the terrain. I heard to try the NW area and put in on that access. Are there cattails or reeds? Any advice on better locations to set-up? Anything to look out for? Probably the 2nd to last hunt of the year, wanted to try something new. I just have a small duckboat and outboard if that matters. Thanks in advance!

I've hunted it years ago and there's a lot of options for setting up from what I recall. Also I remember it being really deep, so the deks need a lot of string! My cousin hunts there a lot, and from what I heard I would bring a fishing rod and jig/minnow for walleyes instead right now. grin.gif

For hunting new lakes, get there really early or try hunting an evening to see all the options and learn the lake in the daylight.

I'll tell you what, I've been going to my buddy's cabin on Clearwater since I can remember and every year I say I'm going to hunt this lake but never get out there. If the landing you're refering to is in the black pool then yes there is cattails around this area but you might want to get out on the main lake. If you take the path through the cattails hang a sharp left and you should stay in fairly shallow water and there are patches of reeds you can probably hide your boat in. I have seen a lot of birds out there durning the summer but havent been out there since. I'd like to try the path between Otter and Clearwater sometime. It opens up every once in a while so there would be room to throw out a few dekes, but probably would be pass shooting more than anything.