• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner Floors

Starman

Question

I have a 2003 Crestliner and am wanting to know if anyone else has any problems with the floor in their boat feeling sponge or weak. I also had a door to one of the livewells push down in on my weight of 165 lbs. It looks as though the hinge bent in. Have you heard of any problems or anyone else experiencing the same thing.
Starman

10 answers to this question

Yes, a buddy of mine is your weight and he's had the same experience--his Crestliner is falling apart too.

He's going to buy a Lund...You get what you pay for...

------------------
Chells

Starman,

I have a 2000 Crestliner Sportfish and have not noticed any sponginess in the floor - I'm about 180 lbs. My son's favorite casting spots are in the back standing on the livewell or oil tank access doors - so far no problem - he's about 145 lbs. Better see your dealer.

Ive fished a fishhawk 1750 a couple times now and there hasnt been a problem, and I weigh 225 pounds. Let me know how it turns out, I have been planning on getting one myself.

Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of lund boats, I have an old crestliner and its been a great boat but it is getting too small for me and the family

Shawn

I have a 1998 /1850 Sport Fish. The floor has gone completely rotten. I brought it back to the dealer this year and they said the warranty did not cover it. They said it was WATER damage. Well no S**t!!! It is a boat!! I fish in the sun and the rain. So anyway. Yes, I have heard of this problem before.

I have a 2001 2050 Sportfish and the screws on the floor strip out but it is not real spongy. Has anyone had problems with the Windshield frame coming out at the top. If you have take it back, we just had our third windshield installed under warranty. The 2003 windshield desigh is very solid and strong. If you take your boat to Crestliner in Littlefalls they will take care of the problem, I have not had any problems with them standing behind the boat.

Thanks for those replies. I don't know if it is a big problem yet or not. The boat was new in April. I just started noticing it after a trip to Cass Lake. I did talk to my dealer and he said that he would contact Crestliner about it. Over all I love the boat. The boat is still under warranty but I hope that it's not the start of any future problems.

I have been thinking of a new boat next year. I guess I will not be getting a newer Crestliner. I have an 87 now and it is rock solid, doesn't sound like the newer ones are tho frown.gif

I really widh I could hear more positive things here, Im lovin that FishHawk 1750 more and more each day but dont want to spend the money if Im going to have to replace the floor.
Everyone else is sayin buy a lund but Im not sold on them lunds. I think the IPS hull is a good idea but I like crestliners layout much better.

DECISIONS, DESICIONS

Hmm what boat should I buy, good thing I have until this fall to decide

My brother-in-law has a 1999 1750 Fish Hawk. It has stood up very well being mostly stored outside in the elements. Very nice fishing boat except I'm not a huge fan of the gas tank on the stern that makes the boat seem to slide a bit on the water. New models may have moved the tank to the floor. Regardless, his and another friends SportFish are very nice (especially if you like the layout, etc) and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if you like em. Absolute worse case - you have a good warranty.

Ive had Lund and I now have a 1750 FishHawk... yes my livewell hinge squished (my stepping into boat on it on drivers side), but no other problems...

I would not classify Crestliner as a boat that "falls apart" and for the get what you pay for comment... bet you ahve not compared Lund and Crestliner yourself. I did extensive research prior to buying my new '02, and Crestliner came up the winner (also $1000 less for same boat).

Also has more usable space (nice when wife and kids are all flinging hooks)...

You should probably be more careful about slamming peoples boats with "you get what you pay for"... have you owned both ???

Wally