• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Hunting

Just got back from bowhunting near Hayward. Was there since last Thursday and was seeing some rut activity and a few nice racks until Friday and the warm up. Didn't even see much fresh sign. Saw one little buck cruisin for does today but other than that the weather seems to have shut them down. Any other reports from northern wisconsin out there? tongue.gif

I counted 18 dead deer along hwy 10 between Point and Waupaca. What does that tell ya!!!!

Saw a nice buck standing along I 94 just east of Hudson Sunday night.

The Rut was starting to heat up in Minnesota last weekend for deer opener. Lots of bucks in the fields chasin does, but I'm not real sure the does are quite ready yet. Things should really be going this weekend and next week with the cold weather coming.

This has been my first year bow hunting in WI.. been having a lot of fun. .I have yet to put an arrow in a deer but am enjoying the area for sure.

I didn't realise till today when I was reading again threw the regs that the bow season ends in most of the state after this weekend. Bummer...

This weekend it I was finally granted with a shot on a nice buck. The rut was in full swing and he was the third buck I saw Saturday morning. Came right in to the antlers and one ten yard shot through the heart and he was done. A beautiful eight point that will gross in the low 120's. Not huge but a gorgeous deer and my biggest by bow. I am still pumped today! Anyone else have any luck this weekend?

I had a fairly nice buck come in Sat. afternoon. I pulled back maybe too soon, and had to hold it for 30 seconds or so. He finally moved, but not far enough. I had a good broadside shot at 23 yds, and there was only one branch in the way. You all know what happened, right?

I hunted all weekend up around the Spooner area. I had the same kind of luck without the happy ending. Bucks moving all day. The only thing I had a shot were two forks. Decided to pass on them. Saw some big boys though.... since nobody gun hunts the woods I am in, and with a little bait, they should present me with a shot later. Congrats on the eight! My highlight was sticking a Yote on Sunday morning. A pack of three came through. More and more of them [commercial-or-naughty-word] things every year!