• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catmaster,

There are plenty of birds to the North of you yet so yea, its worth going out.

U,

There are STILL plenty of birds to the North of you as well, it's not over yet by any means. Canada is still loaded with birds.

In the last couple of days a lot of mallards have shown up in wright county. On the way home from work yesterday a saw a lot of birds sitting in potholes and even a couple rafts of ducks sitting on bigger lakes. This weekend could be the weekend. I noticed this morning smaller potholes were froze over. Wait till Friday morning when they are forecasting a low of 18 degrees. Say good bye to potholes, pushing all the ducks to bigger bodies of water.

Just back last night from a long weekend in NoDak. No migrating ducks on the SD border by the James River. SOB's started migrating in late in the day Sat. Seemed to be in full migration all day Sun. but were slowed down again by Mon. 70 degrees on Sat!

Well me and a buddy hit clear lake by New Ulm today. about 4:30 we were giving up hope when the mallards started pouring in. we didn;t get any as they all landed in the middle of the lake, but we must have seen over a hundred. As we were picking up decoys they were still flying over. gonna have to relocate tomorrow.

Could hear geese in the soybean stubble behind the buildings tonite at chore time but it was so dark I couldn't see 'em. With the front moving thru, wouldn't be surprised to see both ducks and geese. Temps for the weekend sound relatively moderate so hope they stay around awhile. Plenty of food and more standing cornstalks in the picture this fall.