• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice shack seats

pmcrawler

My neighbor and I have been kicking around a lot of ideas for seats in each of our permanant shacks on wheels. Today I came up with an idea I wanted to run by everybody out there. I have pedistal seats in my boat and I am thinking about putting a few floor mount bases throughout my shack.The seats I have are brand new so the padding is great. I also think the swivel and up/down piston would be great for adjustments. It would be nice to use the boat seats in the winter instead of worrying about mice chewing holes in them while they are in storage. I can't stand fold up chairs because they lean too far back and captain chairs keep your knees higher than your butt. Has anybody tried this idea?? Just wondering what you all think?

I think that would be a great idea. I'm sitting on a self-made wooden box seat which can be quite uncomfortable after a few hours.

I would caution not sitting on them until the house warms up a bit. If you sit on some of the nylon/pleather seats when below freezing, they could crack and become useless in the summertime when it rains.

The boat seat plan works great.. My Dads house came with such a set up with two seats and five different mount positions in his house..

I stole the idea from his manufacturer and put two "flush mounts" in my floor and one cheaper seat. He has high backs with arm/foot rests and rod holders on swivel/adjustable pedistals... My pedistal and seat cost me around $75 if I rememmer right and the flush mounts I don't recall.

I find that the canvas fold up deck chairs work the best for me. They are comfortable and the cup holder supports my brew when I jump up with a big LOTW Walleye on the hook!!!. Cheap, you can get them for under $10. I got two, one with the foot rest for more comfort. I leave my house unlocked with nothing inside, so the slide in storage bag is easy to transport..... Kaz