• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Rod for Vision Impaired?

doubleUcubed

Question

Need some help guy's. Got a buddy who lost sight in one eye last fall and the vision in his so called "good eye" is about nill. He is trying to fish with his regular fishing equipment. He is having problems with the line getting wrapped around the eyelets of the rods and is wondering if they make a rod that the line goes through the center of to eliminate any snagging or tangling amongst the eyelets. He does a lot of his fishing in waders after dark (yeah I know that doesn't help with poor vision). Any thoughts or products out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

5 answers to this question

It's called a Pro-caster, the line runs through the blank. No guides. They used to sell them in the major catalogs, but I couldn't find them now. I found them on a web-site but it would be against policy to link it for you. post your e-mail and I'll send it out for you

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 06-05-2003).]

Cabella's sells a rod where the line runs through the rod. (Innercast I think) I bought one for my step Dad as a novelty a couple years ago. It's difficult to get the line through it even with the tool supplied, and I'm guessing would be almost impossible for someone with poor vision to re-rig easily.
I wouldn't suggest it.
Twitter

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 06-05-2003).]

Thanks for the fast reply's guy's. I'll check into them. It's hard to realize sometimes the things we take for granted until they are taken away from us or made nearly impossible to accomplish on a daily basis. Thanks again and I'll check later for any other reply's!! WWW