• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat and Car carpet cleaning?

andy j

Question

5 answers to this question

Superior Car Care on Tower Ave in Superior. Great work and great price. If you have a rug doctor type cleaner use HOT water only. Thats what they told me. They did my truck and will do my boat when I finally give up. I just hope I get some more nice days or its Ice House time.

I bought a Bissel little green machine for cleaning the boat carpet, it actually works very well, I pretreat alot of areas with Resolve carpet cleaner and then use the machine which sprays out the hot cleaning liquid and scrubs it and sucks it out. The carpet looks like new when I'm done, but it looks all dirty again after just a couple of outings (fish slime, minnows, etc.). I probably will never buy another carpeted boat again for these reasons, I'd like something I can just take a hose to and rinse it out.

Resolve works great on spots. Use a stiff bristle brush and any spray-on carpet cleaner (follow directions) and scrub the carpet well. Vaccum afterward to remove soap residue and allow to dry throughly before returning floormats. Do not saturate with water.