• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallmouth Bass!!!

What a beauty, Matt! I really have to make to Superior some day. When you fish the big bay do you drive out by Ashland? I used to live just south of Superior (Solon Springs) and would make it over to the Ashland area on business. Unfortunately, I did not take the time to fish. That was about 13-14 years ago, so it's definitely time to go back.

MJ

We did drive out of Ashland, near the coal dock, it was a mistake! I truly believe that yesterday may have been the last time people go out of that access! It was slushy as all get up, and the landing is long gone. A person would need a loader to clean it up! I have great clearance on my truck, and had to jump the heave on the way off, and still bottomed out when I landed!

here is my friend from colorado. he came to visit last summer to do some fishing. he was here for 1 week and he got a 30" northern,25" walleye. 14" crappie, and this 20" smallie. this thing was huge. just thick as ever. anyone care to guess how much this mille lacs piggie weighed? guess me starting to guide isnt too bad of a idea huh?

21347330806_0_ALB.jpg

what did i do wrong?

Biggest smallmouth I've seen in my neck of the woods. Possibly 6 lbs but its hard to say for sure. Put up one heck of a fight. Caught it on an ultralight with a jig and a leech in 10 feet of water fishing for walleyes in the BW's.