• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gps/sonar

mtreno

Question

ok so i am thinking i am only about 400% over my fishing budget for the year so now would be the time to add new toys to the boat. thank god for the old credit card. anyway i am lookin at getting a new x15 (and moving my vex edge to the front of the boat) are there other makes/brands that make units close to this one? money is not the issue the issue is the best unit. anything else out there worth lookin at or does the x15 hold the market?

next question. want the edge on the bow. can i run the wide sonar up front on the trolling motor and still have my small cone off the back with my speed and temp? sounds like i can and that would be one heck of a setup.

4 answers to this question

With the years of success I've experienced with the Lowrance products I'd buy the X15.

The learning curve on it will be smaller too if you're used to Lowrance features grin.gif

------------------
Chells

I'm a huge Lowrance fan, I haven't bought anything else in over ten years, but, I've heard a fair amount of complaining this year about bugs in the X-15's. I'd check into this if I were you. On that kind of budget, Furuno makes some good stuff too.

fururno? (sp) where would i find them?
nevermind i found them on a search - they have some cool stuff!

[This message has been edited by mtreno (edited 06-04-2003).]