• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's my short-haired fishing buddy! as soon as he see's me grab my poles or my shotgun he sit's by the door till it's time to leave, he doesn't want to get left behind! only time he stay's home is when i'm on the deer stand! ice, boat or the field, he almost never leaves my side grin.gif

Heres my cousin with a 28" caught on the last day of the regular season. It was caught on a big shinner fishing for pike on a tip-up. It was sweet seing those huge eyes come up the hole.

scott28eye6yk.jpg

CPR

Nope the East Side of the lake, near the Girl Scout Camp.

We just moved the house closer to home that weekend and we decided to stop at that location for some pike/sunfish and we ended up closing the year off by catching some nice pike and one bonus walleye.

It was a fun way to end the year seeing that hog go up the hole and go back down.

The story goes like this... Me and Beef46 put in at the Mississippi River Pool #4 at Everts around 7:30 and fished that area for a while before heading downstream.... there was really no action going on using the ringworms so I decided it was time to change things up and put on a Blue/Silver X-rap. I'd say 10-15 casts later I had a fight on my hands with this fat fish! I didn't really know what it was at first, I just knew it was big... then it came up and did a little tail flip and I saw the white mark and I was like "get the net, big walleye" Beef46 pulls out this small net and I was like thinking oh oh, this net may be to small. Bryan did a great job landing the fish and it measured out at 28 inches long, 19 inch girth (piggy), and we measured it with Bryans scale and it was a hair under 12 lbs, then we weighed it at Everts and it was 11 lbs some odd ounces as the fella's digital scale was not set at zero when we put the fish on the scale hook. Sooooo, when I got home I put it on my digital scale and it came in at 12 lbs even. I'm not sure I trust any of these scales but I have to go with an official weight at some point... I see in another thread Tonka Boy landed a 27 inch fish that came in at 10 lbs 11 oz... so is it possible that a 12 lb reading on my fish is correct?? oh the drama! anyways heres the beast!

2005_0403_101049AB.JPG